Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Your Thoughts And Suggestions What Is Most Reliable ATV / TRV For Hunting??

Re: Your Thoughts And Suggestions What Is Most Reliable ATV / TRV For Hunting??

Don't know if they're the best or not, I'll leave that to the experts, but I've owned Honda quads for many years and they have been trouble free.
    Honda isn't using a belt drive and most likely they're not the fastest machine around, but with regular maintenance, they'll give you years of dependable service.
    Good luck with your search and purchase, and let the forum know what you've purchased. Have fun!

I’ve still got a 2001 Honda foreman 450 electric shift full time 4 wheel. Has a manual shift. And a pull start. Not to mention it’s very quiet compared to other machines.

IMO what do you need more than 500cc for hunting with and the more complicated the more issues.

But I also have a 1987 Suzuki quad runner thats running with no problems.

Friend has a Polaris sportsmen and it’s always broken, breaks itself sitting in the garage.

Most reliable....big difference between one that's well maintained and granny driven compared to one never maintained and rallied hard.

I've worked on lots of atv's over the years.
    I have also rode lots over the years, and have seen lots of machines break down.

My vote for most reliable would be for a mid 2000's Honda rancher 350 foot shift.

It is unbelievable what tree-planters do to those things and they just keep working. The most common thing to go is the rear axle splines rust and wear out from soaking them in swamps and no maintenance.

For a nicer ride the 420's from around 2010 with independent rear, fuel injection and power steering are pretty good too. But more things to potentially go wrong.

My 2007 Honda Rubicon has never le me down. 500cc is plenty for bumming around fsr’s and pulling the odd moose out of the bush. It is a good machine with a sterling reputation.

Honda with a foot shift. We have 35 quads at work, honda 420 with the foot shift 4000hours is pretty normal.