Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cats!

Re: Cats!

persiut only means not harvesting of them at that time, you are aloud to run them just not shoot them,

Coming down out of the bush last Saturady afternoon we jumped one right on the road. It turn around and high tailed it. No time to get camera up for picture. My hunting partner was very excited to see one, his first ever. We see tracks from time to time but this is my only 3rd life time siting. First one in 3-28. They certainly are nice looking pussy cats and are very fluid runners.

Hi Shaker,there's a 1/2 dozen cats working the ridges from the bluff to the lake.We haven't started on them because we hunted deer til the last day!(2 4X4's yesterday!).My buddy with the hounds is on days but has 10 days off at Xmas.Drop me a line if you want to come up and chase some pussy! Gunner

SHAKER is offline Hound dawger reborn......

Want some kill shots well...Here's my Tom from last year!

Hey Gunner, sounds good I'll give you a ring and we can run their long tails off!

Did you ever figure out an age on that guy Shaker?

I happened across a web site that used the teeth to indicate approximate age. It said on there; if the teeth are white, not stained yellow and the teeth behind the fangs not too worn down, the cat's still pretty young. [ can't remember the exact ages etc ].

If the slightly yellowing fangs are worn a little dull, not real pointy as with a young cat, and the teeth behind the fangs are somewhat worn, it's a middle aged cat, and of course yellow worn fangs and worn back teeth indicate an old cat....

The fangs on your cat look pretty white from the pic, and his ears don't look chewed up either. Just wondering what you though it's age was....

Nice cat for sure!

Do you have a pic of the lynx to share?

SHAKER is offline Hound dawger reborn......

The CI said the cat was about 6 yrs old. Sorry I didn't get any pic's of the Lynx. But I will after it comes back from the Taxidermist. That was my last cat to complete the "Cat slam". Should look pretty neet with all three done in full life mount.