Thread: Early Goose 2023 success.

Early Goose 2023 success.

The morning started off a little shaky and got better as we shook off the cobwebs that accumulated since last season. We managed 21 geese between Shotgun John, Tanya, Colin, and Myself. It was a good start of the season and can't wait for many more. Always a fun time at the blind and plucking with this crowd.

Member of the Following Organizations:

BCWF

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Early Goose 2023 success.

Looks like a good opening morning. I missed this morning but will be out tomorrow morning for sure.
    Thanks for sharing

Man that looks like an incredible haul, congrats! Turning them into sausage?

Quote Originally Posted by HarryToolips View Post
    Man that looks like an incredible haul, congrats! Turning them into sausage?
    we broke them all down they are full of pin feathers right now and no fat on them. I’ll make stew with thighs and I like to grind up the breast and usually mix it 4 breast with a kg of bacon and grind it all together and make burger Pattie’s out of it. Make up a bunch of parties on a cookie sheet put them in the freezer to harden them up and then place them in a ziplock bag and throw them on the BBQ when you’re hankering for a honker burger ��

BCWF

J-F is offline Thanks for generous GOS!

Great start to the season! Good job!

nice work Marc. Did you bring Skadi?

Quote Originally Posted by Ron.C View Post
    nice work Marc. Did you bring Skadi?
    Ron I didn’t bring Skadi, still trying to determine if she’s pregnant. Had her in for an echo sound and X-rays to determine if she is. They didn’t see anything conclusive so so she’s sidelined for the early season.

BCWF

I forgot to mention that yesterday when we were back home processing the birds I grabbed one by the the neck to pick up and felt a sharp jab into my middle finger. I look down to see I jabbed myself with a huge stainless steel rubber worm type bass hook lodged in the back of the birds neck. We were soooo lucky none of the dogs got hooked up in the mouth with the hook. Be careful out there people might be a good idea to even have multitool as part of your hunting kit in case you need to debarb a hook if something like this happened to you dog.

BCWF

Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    we broke them all down they are full of pin feathers right now and no fat on them. I’ll make stew with thighs and I like to grind up the breast and usually mix it 4 breast with a kg of bacon and grind it all together and make burger Pattie’s out of it. Make up a bunch of parties on a cookie sheet put them in the freezer to harden them up and then place them in a ziplock bag and throw them on the BBQ when you’re hankering for a honker burger ��
    That sounds great..

Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    I forgot to mention that yesterday when we were back home processing the birds I grabbed one by the the neck to pick up and felt a sharp jab into my middle finger. I look down to see I jabbed myself with a huge stainless steel rubber worm type bass hook lodged in the back of the birds neck. We were soooo lucky none of the dogs got hooked up in the mouth with the hook. Be careful out there people might be a good idea to even have multitool as part of your hunting kit in case you need to debarb a hook if something like this happened to you dog.
    Sorry you had to take one for the team Marc, but glad it didn't get a pooch. Great advice on having a multitool while hunting - there's always a reason to need it.
    forever noob