Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Let’s talk late/mid season boots

Re: Let’s talk late/mid season boots

Quote Originally Posted by RackStar View Post
    yup this friggin mud takes some getting use too, sticky , heavy clingy shit. Noted!

do you use leathers at all up here? Are you much of a whitetail hunter or just a elk assassin? Maybe I’ll try my dunlops this late season..

I hunt all season long and scout year round. I wear semi leather work/hikers by Keen, but if its at all wet its just rubber boots. You get used to them. We have big swings in temps at night so there is always dew too. I paid good money for waterproof leather hikers and they all leaked, and the leather cracked. I sometimes wear insulated elk trackers in the late season when things are finally frozen.
    I am currently running a pair of Alteras for work and play. They are lighter then dunlops, less money and made in Italy. I like them. I have run bogs and mucks but they spilt right were the rubber and neoprene meet if you put tons of miles on them.

If you are going to run rubber work boots buy them 1 size up and run a bama sock. Really great at keeping your feet dry and warm.
    If the world is warming why are there so many new snowflakes?

If we are all equal why do you demand special treatment?

You can not comply your way out of tyranny.

Fire them ALL!

Thanks for the info guys.

I picked up the new sock fit dunlops for work couple months back, they are way easier to walk in than the OG ones. I’ll see how they feel in the bush. I usually wear bamas all year if walking lots to avoid blisters

I have the hoffman outback pacs and there awesome. Hoffman makes a very similar pac to the schnees. Made in Idaho. The outback model has an ankle strap for added stability on steep terrain, as well a shank. They hike really well and are very warm. A pac will never hike as well as an insulated mountain boot, but there is no comparison in warmth.