Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Let’s talk late/mid season boots

Let’s talk late/mid season boots

Let’s hear what you guys are using for boots!?

I’ve been rockin scarpa kenisis for 6 years non insulated. Last November was frickin cold and I said I would add to my boot system. I figure I can get 1-2 more seasons out of mine so I’m looking for a insulated boot that I can still put miles on in search of elk and whitetail in November , but not freeze when I sit.

lets hear what boot(s) you guys are wearing from mid season 5c - -10c late oct and -10c - -30c november hunts. From stalking mule deer on the move , to sitting for that big whitetail.

How many grams insulation do you use and what temps do you find them good till?

I’ve been eyeing out schnees leather pacs but they might be too bulky, also looking at crispi wild rock 400g and wild rock plus 800g.

I’ve had my finger on the pay now button for 2 days with the crispis but can’t seem to feel confident on what ones to pick.

any info on late season boot systems would be great.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Let’s talk late/mid season boots

I’ve been running Zamberlan Toffanes for 5 years from mid Sept until December.
    the only thing that changes is the thickness of my insole and sock.. later year gets a thinner insole and thicker sock.

never have cold or wet feet the boots have great ankle support. In fact I’m about to buy another identical pair so when this one eventually fails in a decade I’ll have another pair to start working on!

Schnees Pack Boots my go to mid-lates season boots
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC
    ..... The NDP approach: if the facts don't fit your ideology, just pretend the facts don't exist.......

So the schnees definitely appeal to me for whitetail hunting. I also enjoy still hunting for them as I’m like a squirrel and can’t sit still for long. How’s the mobility and feel for hiking around in the schnees?

ryo what temps are you dipping into and are you mostly mobile? Interesting tip , I’ve never thought of changing insoles.

If I might piggyback another question onto this thread, any of you guys using EE boots? I’ve looked at a few boot websites but don’t see a lot of EE sizes.

More knowledge the better. Boots are friggin expensive and important

Rubber work boots like dunlops, with bama slippers. You’re in dirty berta now. The mud will ruin your nice leather boots.
    If the world is warming why are there so many new snowflakes?

If we are all equal why do you demand special treatment?

You can not comply your way out of tyranny.

Fire them ALL!

Quote Originally Posted by RackStar View Post
    So the schnees definitely appeal to me for whitetail hunting. I also enjoy still hunting for them as I’m like a squirrel and can’t sit still for long. How’s the mobility and feel for hiking around in the schnees?

ryo what temps are you dipping into and are you mostly mobile? Interesting tip , I’ve never thought of changing insoles.
    longest I can sit still is 15-20 minutes so mostly mobile for sure, though that being said I have no problem wearing the same boots ice fishing in -10 to -15 and standing/sitting around for hours.

any colder and that and the hut and heater comes out so boots are a moot point.

Quote Originally Posted by Husky7mm View Post
    Rubber work boots like dunlops, with bama slippers. You’re in dirty berta now. The mud will ruin your nice leather boots.
    yup this friggin mud takes some getting use too, sticky , heavy clingy shit. Noted!

do you use leathers at all up here? Are you much of a whitetail hunter or just a elk assassin? Maybe I’ll try my dunlops this late season..

Quote Originally Posted by RackStar View Post

My Schnee's Hunter II 13" Pac Boots with Air Bob soles are very comfortable , great traction on every surface . The are warm enuff for me down to -10 type weather if I'm doing the type still hunting you do . I've also have worn them on many a back packing trips great support and comfort . . If I'm sitting in a ground blind all day in colder weather I switch over to HD Felt lined Sorel Caribou boots .
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC
    ..... The NDP approach: if the facts don't fit your ideology, just pretend the facts don't exist.......