Thread: Hunting Partner for the West Kootenays?

Hunting Partner for the West Kootenays?

Hi There,

I'm 32 and a new hunter. Last member of my family to hunt was my grandfather, and he died when I was 8, so beyond a good friend who lives on the coast and a helpful landlord who is a generational hunter I am without guidance as I take on learning this skill.

For the most part it has been an overwhelming and highly enjoyable process. I have a membership at a local range and have been shooting about once or twice a week since roughly November.

I am looking for anyone who would be interested in hunting this summer/fall. I'm content to continue this process by myself but I feel like it would be more fun and safer to have someone along. I'm a reasonably sane person who respects gun safety and looks to ethically harvest animals while enjoying spending time in the woods.

Preferably a new hunter with a similar set of ethics would be ideal - I am hunting rabbits currently, and will be moving on to upland game birds, hopefully ducks as well, and deer as each season opens. I do eventually want to target elk but I feel like that will be next year once I am more confident in my basic skills. I have mixed feelings about hunting bears and am unsure at this point if I am interested.

I am primarily hunting in 4-17 but that is flexible.

Feel free to get a hold of me if you are in the area and this seems like a good fit. I also have a membership at the Ymir range if you want to come shooting as a guest and do not belong there already.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Hunting Partner for the West Kootenays?

I sent you a PM!

Re: Hunting Partner for the West Kootenays?

You sound like you have your head screwed on right ! I hope there may some older fellas chime in and can help mentor you !
    Arctic Lake
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodchuck Dan View Post
    Hi There,

I'm 32 and a new hunter. Last member of my family to hunt was my grandfather, and he died when I was 8, so beyond a good friend who lives on the coast and a helpful landlord who is a generational hunter I am without guidance as I take on learning this skill.

For the most part it has been an overwhelming and highly enjoyable process. I have a membership at a local range and have been shooting about once or twice a week since roughly November.

I am looking for anyone who would be interested in hunting this summer/fall. I'm content to continue this process by myself but I feel like it would be more fun and safer to have someone along. I'm a reasonably sane person who respects gun safety and looks to ethically harvest animals while enjoying spending time in the woods.

Preferably a new hunter with a similar set of ethics would be ideal - I am hunting rabbits currently, and will be moving on to upland game birds, hopefully ducks as well, and deer as each season opens. I do eventually want to target elk but I feel like that will be next year once I am more confident in my basic skills. I have mixed feelings about hunting bears and am unsure at this point if I am interested.

I am primarily hunting in 4-17 but that is flexible.

Feel free to get a hold of me if you are in the area and this seems like a good fit. I also have a membership at the Ymir range if you want to come shooting as a guest and do not belong there already.
    Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt “ The Man In The Arena “ !