Thread: Rifle cases

Rifle cases

Looking to pick up 1 or 2 double rifle cases. Been looking around and it seems pelican is the best, but pricey. Not sure I need one. Main use will be transport to the range and something to store a couple rifles in the truck during hunting season. Mostly in the cab, but maybe in the box depending.
    I think I’d like the eggshell foam over the stuff you have to cut to fit. I’d also be interested in a good soft case, although the nicer double ones all seem to be tactical with a bunch of pockets in the outside.
    I’d spend the money on a pelican, but I’d rather not. I just don’t want the cases to be a piece of crap.
    what do you guys use or recommend? Any good soft cases to look at?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Rifle cases

Stoeger Canada .... just picked up the Black / Grey soft gun case ... 59 bucks ... worth a look

I have been super happy with the Pelican Vault series

Guess it depends on how much you travel, how you travel, and how expensive/durable your rifles are. I originally made the switch before my first fly in hunt

hmmm have a PELICAN case...the inside has been fitted for Sako....

case is in exellent shape and up for sale.

expensive but worth the price..
    Steven

I have a Cabelas brand hard case and it's the only hard case I have they used to go on sale for around $100 or $120 no cutting required, prefer soft cases. They are lighter and especially if you are taking multiple guns to the range and if your rifle is just sitting in the cab of the truck there is no need for a hard case.

Soft sided ones are handy. My experienced partner noticed how handy mine were . He switched over for some uses. Princess Auto sometimes has surplus ones reasonable. For hard sided one,I just use Plano/Kolpin level of quality, but I only drive to hunting ares. My best one, I bought from SIR over 40 years ago.