Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 'Meat' saw advice

Re: 'Meat' saw advice

I have the Milwaukee m8 hatchet chain saw It works great. You do not need bar oil when cutting bone as there is enough natural lube. You could also use vegetable oil if you wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Lake View Post
    Wonder what Amp battery you would need ?
    Arctic Lake
    I have a Milwaukee Hackzall ( mini sawzall ) and 4ah and 2ah batteries. My brother and i broke down a moose 2 seasons ago with it including cutting the antlers off later on just the 4ah. It was pretty much done by the end but it made it thru

my dewalt sawsall cuts up 3 deer or 1 elk with 1 2.5ah battery and fresh blades, also split and delegged 4 pigs with 2 batteries.

Sawzall gets my vote aswell. Chain saw will make bone chips vs the sawzall makes a bone paste/dust. and decently easy to clean a sawzall, any type of circular saw is asking for injury if something like hide gets caught in and wrapped up.

DEWALT 20V MAX Lithium-Ion Cordless Reciprocating Saw, a couple of 5Ah Batteries and an aggressive 12" blade. Bonus, can help out to clear out smaller trees that block your road.

PA has a "Meat Blade" for 10bux.

Chainsaw is only good for a horror show.

Quote Originally Posted by Archive View Post
    PA has a "Meat Blade" for 10bux.

Chainsaw is only good for a horror show.
    We always used a dedicated clean saw, no oil... worked just fine. Cleaned it well after the years hunt and good to go next year. Never had success with a reciprocating saw. We gave it a go one year and went back to the chain. The jays loved cleaning up the saw dust the tarp didn't catch...

Last edited by guntech; 08-21-2023 at 03:06 PM.
    I am away April 27, 28, 29 and unable to respond to PM's
    . . . . .If I don't respond to your postings, maybe it is because you are on my "IGNORE" list
    . . . . . . . . . . . . I don't see the garbage you write. It's a wonderful tool

The biggest downfall of using a chainsaw is the time spent cleaning it out after using it, you spend more time cleaning than you did cutting. A battery powered sawsall is the ticket to avoid the clean up

Quote Originally Posted by HappyJack View Post
    The biggest downfall of using a chainsaw is the time spent cleaning it out after using it, you spend more time cleaning than you did cutting. A battery powered sawsall is the ticket to avoid the clean up
    About 20 minutes to clean out saw... at home after the hunt.

Can you get a 16 inch Saws All blade?
    I am away April 27, 28, 29 and unable to respond to PM's
    . . . . .If I don't respond to your postings, maybe it is because you are on my "IGNORE" list
    . . . . . . . . . . . . I don't see the garbage you write. It's a wonderful tool

I bought some stainless blades for my m12 hacksall. Better blades should help I'm thinking. We'll give er a rip.