Thread: New Scope

New Scope

I just purchased a new rifle scope. 2-16×50HD BDC, SFP, with illuminated center dot on the reticle. The scope is a Helix by Element optics. Going to be mounting on my customized weatherby vanguard s2 30-06. It's replacing my 12 year old vortex viper HS 2.5-10X44 BDC. Wich has been a really good scope. I want to complement the scope with quality mounting system, rings, maybe a rail with rings. Would appreciate some suggestions from the community on the mounting system. Or even what not to use. Thank you. Sportster.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: New Scope

Talley QDs, beat available and I have/have had them all. Stocked in most stores and I often buy mine direct.

I’ve had good luck with Talley LW’s and MDT Premier rings. The Talley’s are lighter, the MDT’s are absolutely bomb proof though.

Not $##tbagging. Why detachable rings? I've never understood why anyone needs to take their scope off and on. Wondering if someone can shed some light on why they would do this.

I have two, pre'sighted scopes for each of my hunting and "working" rifles and always haVe done this as well as good, irons, because things break. I spent much of my life working alone in very remote wilderness area for 3+ to 5.5 months at a time. Heli access plus poverty kept me with one, good rifle and lots of bears, made much prefer a high quality CRF rig with the best glass, mounts and few spare parts I could get.

I can now afford about anything I want, but, a tuned P-64-.338WM, .375H&H, or CZ-Bron 9.3x52, still feel best to me and probably always will. I have had a number of G bears under my sights, never killed one as I have never wanted to, but, a sudden close (10 yds} contact in deep brush tends to make one develop preferences for guns and gear.

You're stepping out with a non-common scope, but I see why, it has some nice features
    imo I would go with the Element accu-lite rings to complement the package
    Last edited by high horse Hal; 07-13-2023 at 08:44 PM.
    Glad to say I have hunted Northern BC

Simon Fraser had pretty good judgement on what he found in BC

Quote Originally Posted by high horse Hal View Post
    You're stepping out with a non-common scope, but I see why, it has some nice features
    imo I would go with the Element accu-lite rings to complement the package
    Yeah thanks triple H. Been looking for a new scope for a couple of years now. Quite literally looked at all, mostly through precision website. There in Quensel BC. Then I recently watched a new YouTube video from Backfire YouTube channel on debunking 6 miths on rifle scopes. The people that were asked the questions are experts in shooting and optics. Anyway Element optics were talked about, and the new Helix line for 2023. Looked them up, read as many reviews I could find including YouTube videos on Helix scopes. I think this scope checks all the boxes that I've been looking for in a rifle scope. I'm pretty excited about it. And it doesn't break the bank either.