Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Damn You LEH. HELP Region 7-11

Damn You LEH. HELP Region 7-11

So my boys and I were unsuccessful in our quest for a Moose shared hunt in 7-11 and 7-12 we were also unsuccessful in our quest for an island ELK. I guess it will be deer, bear, and birds for our freezer this year. The real kick in the nards is that we rolled the dice and booked Finger Lake Resort based on probable odds of a draw. Finger Lake will keeps the 25% deposit and will rent the cabin out to a lucky LEH recipient (whoever you are I'm happy for you and good luck).

Here's where all you awesome people come in. Can anyone help decide the best course of action. Is it worth carrying on with our trip to 7-11 and hope we come across some Mulies, Whitetail, 6 point Elk, Bear, Grouse and the elusive spike fork Moose? I'm always game for a road trip with my boys but Vanderhoof is a long ways from Vancouver Island.

What would the crowd recommend:
    1. Soldier on and make the most of it.
    2. Eat the deposit and look for opportunities elsewhere.

Thanks for any help with this tough decision.

Brian

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Damn You LEH. HELP Region 7-11

go on the hunt with your kids. You may get a moose, you will shoot some grouse and have a great time. A bear shouldn't be a problem to find in September
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

Vanderhoof is an awesome area, I try to pop in there every year or so, twice this year already, seen several deer and two Silver Fox just driving around, has one of the nicest Sports Stores in BC, “Nechako Outdoors”

Take your kids and have a great time hunting….you won’t regret it.

My Dad had a farm there for over 20 years and they named the road after him so has a special place in my heart.
    7-6.5 PRCW the best cartridge since the 280 Ackley 👍

Central Interior of our beautiful british columbia.

I’d go! Since the calf season has been eliminated, and Bartell has been killing predators like a mad man, there is no better time for a successful spike fork moose!!! I’ve seen some beauty mulies around iron cross mountain, and there are loads of bears! Finger Lake is a great fishing lake, as is Tatuk!! Moosin
    "A good day hunting is mud on your truck or blood on your hands"

“Some people go to church and think about hunting……………others go hunting and think about God!”

It's actually called the 375 "ouch and ouch"!!

"Not asking for any spots or anything like that............................................"

Thanks everyone, I guess once the sting wear off we will likely lick our wounds and make the most of it. It's always enjoyable exploring the different regions of this beautiful province.

You will have success seeing moose at finger. Whether it will be legal is another question. Long way to go for an immy but you never know.
    It is easier to get forgivness than it is permission.

It has been pointed out to us that the proper number to consider in the event of violent aggression is "911"- if you are of the rabbit people. Others will do better to place their faith in the number "1911".

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

Quote Originally Posted by Breiber View Post
    Thanks everyone, I guess once the sting wear off we will likely lick our wounds and make the most of it. It's always enjoyable exploring the different regions of this beautiful province.
    I just spent two weeks driving through BC up the Alaska Hiway to Watson Lake and came down Hiway 37 and out through Vanderhoof to PG and south, stops at Loon Lake, Sheridan Lake two nights camping with Remington Jim and his wife, Vanderhoof, Dawson Creek, Fort Nelson, Muncho Lake, Liard Hot Springs, Meziadin Junction, Vanderhoof, Quesnel, the wildlife we seen was amazing as was the scenery.
    7-6.5 PRCW the best cartridge since the 280 Ackley 👍

u wont get one sitting on the couch. go have fun and relax. life is to short as we all know...

Quote Originally Posted by Breiber View Post
    and just think how much more prepared your gang will be for the next hunt after getting an leh on the next draw
    Glad to say I have hunted Northern BC

Simon Fraser had pretty good judgement on what he found in BC

Be sure to have and elk tag with you as well. Lots roaming the area south of the hoof towards finger lake.
    It is easier to get forgivness than it is permission.

It has been pointed out to us that the proper number to consider in the event of violent aggression is "911"- if you are of the rabbit people. Others will do better to place their faith in the number "1911".