Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Sheep hunting 2023

Re: Sheep hunting 2023

I'm curious how everyone did last year. Sheep hunting is still high on my list and one day I know I will get out there and spend time in the mountains chasing them. Lots of prep from several guys last year, curious on how successful everyone was with harvesting a legal ram?

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbacanuck View Post
    I'm curious how everyone did last year. Sheep hunting is still high on my list and one day I know I will get out there and spend time in the mountains chasing them. Lots of prep from several guys last year, curious on how successful everyone was with harvesting a legal ram?
    Had a new partner last year and flew to a new area. Seen quite a few sheep, passed on a couple rams that were just at full curl, but young. Going back this year with a few more days added on, hoping to get in a bit further in hopes of finding older rams.

Post images site seems not to be working today, caught a few good pics last season.

we managed to get this old guy .... sorry, I can't figure out how to make the pictures smaller

Good looking heavy Ram down low, old boy.
    Congrats.
    Good luck to those of us the beautiful Sheep ranges this year.
    WSSBC
    BCWF
    CCFR
    BHA

First time in 24 years where I didn’t see a ram. New area for me but it has a solid history for rams, went deep, saw nobody and had a great time. I don’t need to shoot another ram but man is it hard to resist the lure of sheep country.
    "Every time is a once-in-a-lifetime experience . . . all different" Glenn St. Charles

LIFE MEMBER: RMGA, WSSBC, BGRCBC

Quote Originally Posted by dapesche View Post
    we managed to get this old guy .... sorry, I can't figure out how to make the pictures smaller

I saw the youtube video, you guys worked hard for that ram! Congrats! PS love the podcast

Quote Originally Posted by BCbillies View Post
    First time in 24 years where I didn’t see a ram. New area for me but it has a solid history for rams, went deep, saw nobody and had a great time. I don’t need to shoot another ram but man is it hard to resist the lure of sheep country.
    Last year was the first year I've chased mountain goats and I appreciate all the help you provided. I was happy to get on goats and some really nice billies but I refrained from taking a shot I was not confident in being able to recover the goat from. Great experience and I look forward to another backcountry hunt

Last year was the first year I've chased mountain goats and I appreciate all the help you provided. I was happy to get on goats and some really nice billies but I refrained from taking a shot I was not confident in being able to recover the goat from. Great experience and I look forward to another backcountry hunt
    agree. Marvin is tremendous resource. He's an 'ok' guy.

glad you listened to the podcast. Dev and Curt do a great job.

Beautiful ram dapesche

Quote Originally Posted by dapesche View Post

Congrats great ram !!!!!!!!!
    Any link to your you tube video ?
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC
    ..... The NDP approach: if the facts don't fit your ideology, just pretend the facts don't exist.......