Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: caddisguy does Region 3 - bear hunting with the wind at your back!

Re: caddisguy does Region 3 - bear hunting with the wind at your back!

Quote Originally Posted by interior View Post
    Awesome write up and story, Caddis. Love the coat on the bear you ended up taking. That one buck looks like it has some promise. What elevation, roughly, were you seeing the bucks at?
    The bucks were all over, 600-1450M ... that one buck, the pic doesn't do it justice... that guy had 3x more meat than the bear we took. Watched him from 20 yards and 600 yards... even 600 with the naked eye stood out like a sore thumb. That thing is a dang moose (okay maybe elk) ... huge body, very muscular ... I can only imagine the antler growth from now until September and body growth in November. Amazing specimen. We bumped into a lot of does with 2-3 fawns out there too. Great to see.

My wife video'd that primo buck a few times for a good while. I should be able to pull some better still frames from that.
    Last edited by caddisguy; 06-21-2023 at 12:14 AM.

Nice bear Caddisguy.
    Maybe try slicing the bear meat real thin and frying it up in some of that keg spice. It is like eating jerky.
    What a Caddisguy story with no ticks.
    Nothing is like climbing a mountain, and then feeling like you are at the top of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by nature girl View Post
    Nice bear Caddisguy.
    Maybe try slicing the bear meat real thin and frying it up in some of that keg spice. It is like eating jerky.
    What a Caddisguy story with no ticks.
    LMAO naturegirl I should have commented on that in the story. Despite all grass and brush we walked through, not even a single tick was found, not even on the bear.

Every other good bear spot we have found was loaded with them but not this one. Go figure. I'll welcome this change

Great Job Caddis! Smaller bears are good eating 👍
    Hunt, Enjoy, Repeat