Thread: Co-management of wildlife

Threaded View

Re: Co-management of wildlife

Quote Originally Posted by TheObserver View Post
    Curious, what is the context behind this question and the roads spoken of?

Are these "roads" going to be completely ripped up and trees planted, to help wildlife populations, to try and make the landscape as it once was? Or will these roads stay fully intact and maintained, with gates being locked where only indians, resource extraction employees and companies and other special entries will be permitted to be beyond the gate in their vehicles as much as they please, while everyone else is supposed to just sit and watch?

Not trying to be belligerent or argumentative, genuinely curious to the context of the question.

And what do so many hunters not "get" when they see political propaganda that has nothing to do with wildlife, being promoted by the bcwf and in turn calling them out for what they are pandering, which quite literally happens to be propaganda and language that is all oh so familiar these days
    Context? I've been on here a long time. Context is in the comments that have historically and constantly been spoken of as a 'loss to hunters'. Lost opportunity, lost access... What do hunters want? roads? or wildlife? I'm not saying ALL roads will be completely deactivated. They have their purposes and are enjoyed by hunters and others.

To answer your question of roads. Hunters have led the consultation on roads, access, closures, what occurs at the end of a harvesting prescription, defining roads as assets, or liabilities, the influence of roads on wildlife, the impact of roads on hunters, roads within a harvest prescription, or primary drainage access. Addressing road density and the impact of roads on wildlife. And, ensuring hunters have access to hunt. All important issues. And when i say hunters have been involved, it would seem on here, it's just talk. Not based in knowledge.

Hunters, or rather contributors on here, do not make themselves aware that these discussions are ongoing. HBC members keep saying hunters must get together. They are. Please don't misunderstand my words. I did not say, 'hunters do not see the political propaganda' what I said was, hunters don't seem to ensure they are aware of the work that IS going on out there.
    Last edited by J_T; 05-31-2023 at 01:05 PM.