Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Blood Bath Bear

Re: Blood Bath Bear

Remember when the grizz was shown on the web sliding down the snow pack. then the hockey player posed with his bear head on the boat. wasnt to long after we were shut down for grizz hunting.. Like it or not these pictures are ruining it for everyone.. These types of hunting pictures destroy our hunting community..
    Besides its a ****in awefull picture. LOL.. Keep posting stuoid shit like that and dont be surprised when you cant hunt black bear.. I live in Haida Gwaii . The outfitter left his carcasses in the ditch on the main road or not far off. People got sick of it. Guess what. We cant hunt bear here anymore.. Like it or not that shit is bad news for hunters..
    Probably gonna take flack over this but I know I am right so who cares..

Quote Originally Posted by hunterdon View Post
    I will probably get some blowback here. Yes it was a great write up from the point of view of hunters, and yes this is a hunting forum. However, some here do not share our hunting enthusiasm. I wish it weren't so, but it is what it is.

I can see this picture as a gift to the antis. I would not have posted this picture if it was my hunt. At the very least, I think it would have been better to separate the bear and take the picture of the bear separate and the picture of the blood separate. That way you could have still gotten your message across but not in this way. Sorry, folks, but we do have to be aware what we post and HOW we post, because it could come back to haunt us.

Congrats on the hunt!

they can get the **** off a hunting forum and go back to licking windows then.

tired of these twats that are disconnected from reality getting to dictate how people live your life.

thankfully vegans are just slowly killing themselves off and dumbing down their bloodline even more.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor84 View Post
    I agree, a very distasteful picture to post on a public website. It reflects poorly on all hunters and it will be used against us in the future
    why is it absolutely no surprise you’re from the lower mainland with that little snowflake attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by RyoTHC View Post
    why is it absolutely no surprise you’re from the lower mainland with that little snowflake attitude.
    I totally agree. Gross picture to even post. Like why put that stupid shit on social media.

Central Interior of our beautiful british columbia.

Heading out in the morning for a lonely ole boar. I'm trying a neck shot if it is presented. I'm only using a 9.3x62 though, so I hope it will be enough?!! Stay tuned for some pics of a legally killed black bear, in a legal season, strictly used as food, and not a trophy! Moosin
    "A good day hunting is mud on your truck or blood on your hands"

“Some people go to church and think about hunting……………others go hunting and think about God!”

It's actually called the 375 "ouch and ouch"!!

"Not asking for any spots or anything like that............................................"

Quote Originally Posted by moosinaround View Post
    Heading out in the morning for a lonely ole boar. I'm trying a neck shot if it is presented. I'm only using a 9.3x62 though, so I hope it will be enough?!! Stay tuned for some pics of a legally killed black bear, in a legal season, strictly used as food, and not a trophy! Moosin
    Same here, there is a HUGE boar that chewed up my camera last week when I checked it, he is huge going to play the wind and try calling him in in the morning and evening and in between scoutin for BT, but who knows where he'll be I guess as their rutting.

Won't be a neck shot for me unless it is all that presents itself and I know it will be a good hit, hope you connect! If I do i'll post another story.

Crazy shit, never seen the likes of it. Shot a wolf in the neck and it bled an ass load. About 3-4 litres and the blood coagulated almost instantly. It was a strange scene to me…. But your bear, holy shit, bananas! Best to keep it off crackbook….
    Last edited by Husky7mm; 06-10-2023 at 01:15 PM.
    If the world is warming why are there so many new snowflakes?

If we are all equal why do you demand special treatment?

You can not comply your way out of tyranny.

Fire them ALL!

Quote Originally Posted by pro 111 View Post
    Remember when the grizz was shown on the web sliding down the snow pack. then the hockey player posed with his bear head on the boat. wasnt to long after we were shut down for grizz hunting.. Like it or not these pictures are ruining it for everyone.. These types of hunting pictures destroy our hunting community..
    Besides its a ****in awefull picture. LOL.. Keep posting stuoid shit like that and dont be surprised when you cant hunt black bear.. I live in Haida Gwaii . The outfitter left his carcasses in the ditch on the main road or not far off. People got sick of it. Guess what. We cant hunt bear here anymore.. Like it or not that shit is bad news for hunters..
    Probably gonna take flack over this but I know I am right so who cares..
    Yes you are right. Some here just don't get it. They act tough but not smart. I don't have a problem with any of the original posters story. In fact, I particularly like the part where he passed up on a bear in order to allow a family to take that shot. That was great gesture on his part. I commend him for that.

The problem as I see it, is the posting of such a gruesome picture is that it will make it's way where it was not intended. There is no such thing as a "semi private forum". Once on the internet, it can be accessed anywhere and by anybody. It's out there period. People who don't hunt (the vast majority), who may see this will think that this is the norm when an animal is shot. It certainly isn't. We as hunters know this but the general public does not.

Like the saying goes, "a picture is worth a thousand words". The problem here is it will be OUR picture but accompanied by THEIR words.

And, lets stop with this crap calling other fellow hunters on this site "snowflake" and "from the lower mainland", in order to degrade others, just because they have a different opinion.

Respectfully
    Always EXPECT the UNEXPECTED!

Looks like a god damn crime scene

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

Quote Originally Posted by hunterdon View Post
    Yes you are right. Some here just don't get it. They act tough but not smart. I don't have a problem with any of the original posters story. In fact, I particularly like the part where he passed up on a bear in order to allow a family to take that shot. That was great gesture on his part. I commend him for that.

The problem as I see it, is the posting of such a gruesome picture is that it will make it's way where it was not intended. There is no such thing as a "semi private forum". Once on the internet, it can be accessed anywhere and by anybody. It's out there period. People who don't hunt (the vast majority), who may see this will think that this is the norm when an animal is shot. It certainly isn't. We as hunters know this but the general public does not.

Like the saying goes, "a picture is worth a thousand words". The problem here is it will be OUR picture but accompanied by THEIR words.

And, lets stop with this crap calling other fellow hunters on this site "snowflake" and "from the lower mainland", in order to degrade others, just because they have a different opinion.

Respectfully
    Class act post.

Glad he got his bear and is going to enjoy the meat. Looking forward to hearing how some of his recipes are going to turn out.
    The one pic I wouldn't of posted just because non hunters would think that bear got shoot with a machine gun. Most of us understand that this happens at times when you partake in this great hobby/ passion .... but the non hunters most likely don't.

Nothing wrong with difference of opinions amongst fellow hunters and I see no insults when people commenting about the excessive blood pics. All they did was give there opinion. Hunterdon mentioned respect. Respect can go a long way between us hunters even if we don't always agree with each other.

Some members only know insults and that's how they act. Thankfully it's only a few handful of them. I lived in Kemano and Shalath and the lml for most of my life but I'm a snowflake because why?

Anyway congrats on the bear and cheers.