Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Blood Bath Bear

Re: Blood Bath Bear

I wonder if the neck shot paralyzed it and it kept pumping blood until the heart stopped...
    . . . . .If I don't respond to your postings, maybe it is because you are on my "IGNORE" list
    . . . . . . . . . . . . I don't see the garbage you write. It's a wonderful tool

It was a healthy clean bear. No filial worms in the armpits, not that that bothers me but there weren't any. Best part is 2 inches of nice clean white fat on the rump. I cut up 1 rear quarter so far and have a big bowl of fat to render. I'm excited I've never been able to do this as I usually only target bears in spring and they never have enough fat to do anything with. I'm also going to experiment with a few pressure canning recipes and try to find one I like and can a bunch in 1/2 pint jars for an easy grab and go meal.
    "Our arrows will block out the sun!" "Then we shall fight in the dark!" K.L. Government is not the solution to our problem, it is the problem. R.R. “One of the great mistakes is to judge policies and programs by their intentions rather than their results.” M.F. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJ...fYFveARiWyqjQA

Congrats. Never seen any animal leak like that.
    Check my Youtube Channel for fishing and hunting videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjN...AEGjPIUba3pn9g

Great story, congrats on the bear! Unreal the amount of blood from that shot.
    You can take the man out of the wilderness but you cant take the wilderness out of the man.

Victoia BC when not at work, otherwise up North

Great experience and told well with good pictures, congratulations and thank you !

Btw, I also like your style not to bring a Bear into Camp while the Clients are still without.

Cheers

* When the People fear the Government there is Tyranny, when the Government fears the people there is liberty.
    * Studies have shown, Vegetarians are poor providers !
    * We are told this is the Information age. Seems to me more like the missinfomation age !
    * Most always the soft spoken ones are the most deceiving and Dangerous !
    * The Law is no substitute for Morality !

Be safe and happy Trails !

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricDyck View Post
    It was a healthy clean bear. No filial worms in the armpits, not that that bothers me but there weren't any. Best part is 2 inches of nice clean white fat on the rump. I cut up 1 rear quarter so far and have a big bowl of fat to render. I'm excited I've never been able to do this as I usually only target bears in spring and they never have enough fat to do anything with. I'm also going to experiment with a few pressure canning recipes and try to find one I like and can a bunch in 1/2 pint jars for an easy grab and go meal.
    I use the same recipe for venison. For a quart; throw in some diced onions, chopped carrots, chopped celery, garlic clove, and 1/2 cube of bullion. Sometimes I skip the bullion and just use a little salt and pepper. I find that hot packing isn't worth the bother - cold pack for me.

It's hard not to just eat it out of the jar.

Next time I'm going to experiment with some stews instead of just the meat.

I will probably get some blowback here. Yes it was a great write up from the point of view of hunters, and yes this is a hunting forum. However, some here do not share our hunting enthusiasm. I wish it weren't so, but it is what it is.

I can see this picture as a gift to the antis. I would not have posted this picture if it was my hunt. At the very least, I think it would have been better to separate the bear and take the picture of the bear separate and the picture of the blood separate. That way you could have still gotten your message across but not in this way. Sorry, folks, but we do have to be aware what we post and HOW we post, because it could come back to haunt us.

Congrats on the hunt!
    Always EXPECT the UNEXPECTED!

Quote Originally Posted by hunterdon View Post
    I can see this picture as a gift to the antis. I would not have posted this picture if it was my hunt. At the very least, I think it would have been better to separate the bear and take the picture of the bear separate and the picture of the blood separate. That way you could have still gotten your message across but not in this way. Sorry, folks, but we do have to be aware what we post and HOW we post, because it could come back to haunt us.

Congrats on the hunt!
    I agree, a very distasteful picture to post on a public website. It reflects poorly on all hunters and it will be used against us in the future

Well, it is a Hunting site and animals do bleed when shot.

Not much of an existence if one lives their life worrying about what some snowflake thinks.

JMHO though

Quote Originally Posted by Razor84 View Post
    I agree, a very distasteful picture to post on a public website. It reflects poorly on all hunters and it will be used against us in the future
    Well this is a 'semi' public site...Called Hunting BC ... I would not publish those pictures on a non hunting site how ever.
    Last edited by guntech; 05-30-2023 at 01:22 PM.
    . . . . .If I don't respond to your postings, maybe it is because you are on my "IGNORE" list
    . . . . . . . . . . . . I don't see the garbage you write. It's a wonderful tool