Thread: Bridge Lake Bear

Bridge Lake Bear

Hi All,
    Does anyone have any experience/success with bear in the Bridge Lake area? Regions 5 and 3 as either are accessible from there. I'm headed up next week for a guys cabin trip and am on the fence about taking a rifle and snooping around for a spring bear. I'm not looking for anyone's secret spots just wondering if it's worth the effort or if I should just hang at the cabin and spend my time with friends.

Thank you,
    Brian

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Bridge Lake Bear

Quote Originally Posted by Breiber View Post
    Hi All,
    Does anyone have any experience/success with bear in the Bridge Lake area? Regions 5 and 3 as either are accessible from there. I'm headed up next week for a guys cabin trip and am on the fence about taking a rifle and snooping around for a spring bear. I'm not looking for anyone's secret spots just wondering if it's worth the effort or if I should just hang at the cabin and spend my time with friends.

Thank you,
    Brian
    No experience hunting Bear up there, so can't really help. However I did see one of the Biggest Black Bears of my life in a slash close to Bridge Lake while hunting Deer at a buddys cabin up there, I believe I was just north west of Bridge Lake up one of the logging roads iirc, probably 4-5 years ago for what its worth. I think there is a good amount of them in that country.
    Last edited by TheObserver; 06-10-2023 at 12:21 PM.

Send Remington Jim a PM he used to live up that way !
    Arctic Lake
    Hi All,

Thank you,
    Brian
    Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt “ The Man In The Arena “ !

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Lake View Post
    Send Remington Jim a PM he used to live up that way !
    Arctic Lake
    Thank you, I'l PM him

It’s definitely worth taking a rifle. I was in the area 2 days ago and came across a nice boar with a sow and another mature bear I wasn’t able to identify. This was all on a FSR on route to fish. Have fun!

Wavey Lake Rd, Windy Mountain Rd. There’s been some fires in the area since we moved away, but should still hold one or two bears

Thank you, I'l PM him
    on the island Eh ? Are you a NDPer ? If so don’t bother contacting me . RJ

PM sent .

I hunt in the area every fall and see bears almost every day.