Thread: BEAR DOWN - reallly sorry I can't figure out how to post pics

BEAR DOWN - reallly sorry I can't figure out how to post pics

Species: Black Bear
    Date of Kill: May 22, 2023
    Region: 3
    Harvest method inc caliber: Sako 75 in 30-06 with 165grain Hornady's.

I have been doing some scouting for deer and grouse areas every spring and have always bought a bear tag in case the opportunity presents itself. I have not taken one since about 2015 and not yet down in Region 3. I have a couple spots I have been checking and wandered out onto an old road that is partially grown over and these guy comes mooching out of the bush and heading away from me at about 80m. I could tell he is a beautiful brown and looked to be a good size. I just followed him along for about 300m when he went into the bush on the right side of the road. I snuck up to what I figured was about 50m from where he was. He had gone over a slight rise and I could just see what I thought was his back over that rise. He seemed like he was flopping around there, honestly I don't know what he was doing as I could only see a couple inches of fur over the rise. He might have been scratching himself on the ground or giving himself a bit of a dirt bath. I went into the woods a few yards on the left side and slowly worked toward him but just the way the position he was in was not allowing me to see him. Just beyond where I was is a clearing and I hoped he would wander into that area. I had good wind and time as it was about 1730hrs. After what seemed like forever but was really probably less than ten minutes he wandered into view and just into the clearing and was quartering slightly away from me right to left. I paced it out after and he was less then 40m away. I let fly and hit him good. He crashed through some bushes and into a swamp (of course) about 50m away. Post mortem was that it took out a portion of the left shoulder and somehow missed ribs on both sides but took out the lungs. Bullet went through and through. He had a gorgeous hide but his left rump had a huge scar (dinner plate size) with no hair and underneath the meat was full of scar tissue. A friend took the hide and his wife is learning tanning so it has not gone to waste. With the bit of shoulder damage cut out he was just over 80lbs of meat not including some back strap and the tenderloins which were delicious with a blueberry bourbon glaze on the Traeger.

I AM APPARENTLY UNABLE TO POST PICTURES AS I AM COMPUTER ILLITERATE. I"D APPRECIATE IF SOMEONE COULD HELP.

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by fester; 05-25-2023 at 06:50 PM.
    No Quarter

2. Site Sponsor

Re: BEAR DOWN - reallly sorry I can't figure out how to post pics

the only way i ever post a pic here is to click on the top right tab "gallery" upload to site...view the pic and copy the link to the post

the only way i ever post a pic here is to click on the top right tab "gallery" upload to site...view the pic and copy the link to the post

catprint - HuntingBC.ca Photo Gallery

No Quarter

I got one figured out
    No Quarter

Well then happy for you and congrats is in order

Try using this site - it’s worked for me:
    https://postimages.org/
    If it cant be done with one shot, it shouldn't be done.

"grab large claw hammer - put against butt cheek , pry head out of ass with claws...then go back to school..."

[IMG][/IMG]
    No Quarter

Congrats on the bear!

Well done man it looks to be a good size, congrats!