Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where to Try on Packs in LML?

Where to Try on Packs in LML?

Hello everyone. I find myself taking a trip to Van in 2 weeks from Terrace. I am in the market for a new hunting pack. Where should I go to try some stuff on? Thanks.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Where to Try on Packs in LML?

Valhalla pure in Abby has mystery ranch. Tried mine on there before I bought mine.

Stop at Precision optics in quesnel and try on Kifaru and Stone glacier.

If you stop at precision optics on the way down and try the MR in Van that’s probably the best you can do. Not sure if Cabelas in Abbotsford has MR or Eberlestock on hand. Also not sure what the Corlanes store in PG has. Chilcotin Guns in WL has really turned things around in the last few years (?), they would be worth checking out. Most of the good hunting stores in BC are not in Van.

As long as Omar/Precision has good stock you just have to stop and pick what Stone G frame and bag you want. X curve

His name is Omer, but they are definitely popular packs. I am a loyal MR customer.

Quote Originally Posted by Muledeercrazy2 View Post
    If you stop at precision optics on the way down and try the MR in Van that’s probably the best you can do. Not sure if Cabelas in Abbotsford has MR or Eberlestock on hand. Also not sure what the Corlanes store in PG has. Chilcotin Guns in WL has really turned things around in the last few years (?), they would be worth checking out. Most of the good hunting stores in BC are not in Van.
    The abby store does have the Eberlestock F1 frame and some extras. Not sure if they have all the goodies, but theres a few things.

As stated above Abbotsford Cabela's do have Eberlstock. The stores down here definitely are not good for gear/there are way better stores throughout BC and in the interior as far as gear goes, I just bought a Kifaru pack a couple of weeks ago and ordered it from Precision Optics in Quesnel because of the lack of availability down here.

I know Hunting and outdoor gear in general is expensive especially if you want quality, but that vallhala pure seems to atrociously high priced I personally will never purchase anything from them ever. My 2 cents and I would definitely stop at Precision Optics if your looking to try packs on if your able to, there are other good stores too like some above posts have mentioned on the way as well, not sure highway(s) way you are taking, there used to be a good store in Kamloops not sure if it is still there.

Great North Precision in Kelowna would be worth checking out.
    Nechako Outdoors might have MR packs as well.

I was called MR's "best customer" some years ago and I have owned/used many of Dana Gleason's superb packs since he began in the early '70s. MR is not now what it was once and my strongest recommendation is now Seek Outside packs ordered directly, the most comfortable under load I have ever used in some 70 years of humping backpacks.

I was just on the phone to them yesterday about another pack so I have a "lender" for guys hunting with me. Fine people and outstanding gear, IME.

BTW, I recently purchased one of the "Stone Glacier" 6-man dome tents from Omer, and I strongly concur with recommending him as a source for fine gear.