Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Upper Sukunka Rd and Rail Condition and Access

Upper Sukunka Rd and Rail Condition and Access

Hi All,
    Is anyone able to give me some general info on the condition of the road and the rail line that is shown on the BCBR mapbooks at the southern end of Sukunka FSR? Does the road still make it close to the rail bed? Obviously i would be appreciative of recent game counts, density info (i know, i am dreaming) recent logging, etc…. But any general info would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Upper Sukunka Rd and Rail Condition and Access

Not much help as I have not been that way for well over 20 years . I used to hunt on the other side of the mountains , there is a tunnel through the mountains , it follows the Table river on the other side and then down along side the Parsnip River That rail line if it’s the one I’m thinking about hauled coal from Tumble Ridge
    Arctic Lake
    Quote Originally Posted by Muledeercrazy2 View Post
    Hi All,
    Is anyone able to give me some general info on the condition of the road and the rail line that is shown on the BCBR mapbooks at the southern end of Sukunka FSR? Does the road still make it close to the rail bed? Obviously i would be appreciative of recent game counts, density info (i know, i am dreaming) recent logging, etc…. But any general info would be appreciated. Thanks in advance
    Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt “ The Man In The Arena “ !

Thanks for the reply, thought it was likely the rail line was for coal but the tunnel is interesting. It did look like a steep grade.

The rail line was electric. Since the loaded trains went down hill they charged, the electric line was a net electricity gain.

Thanks, interesting. Was there an overhead cable or did they manage it with the tracks? I know some guys that worked there, i should pick there brains. Still hoping to find out what condition the Sukunka FSR is in.

The roads high grade loads of oil activity in the area

Thanks, appreciate it

CGL is building pipeline in the back end of the Sukunka there again this summer, so there will be lots of activity right up until the winter.

Cheers

SS

Quote Originally Posted by 358mag View Post
    "In spite of what some members of this site choose to BELIEVE, None of our opinions are any more important than Dog Shit"!

Quote Originally Posted by Downwindtracker2 View Post
    The rail line was electric. Since the loaded trains went down hill they charged, the electric line was a net electricity gain.
    Not electric now they took the lines down years ago.
    No one on their death bed ever said; I should have spent more time at work.

I worked on the building of the two mines, Bullmoose and Quintette (sp) . Working at Bullmoose, we drove in the back way, cutting across the loadout . But I never saw a coal train, they weren't running them yet. They used Moles, tunneling machines, to dig the tunnels. Going electric also saved installing ventilation.