Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 5-12A Puntzi Lake FSR

Re: 5-12A Puntzi Lake FSR

Quote Originally Posted by Livewire322 View Post
    Why? There’s nothing stopping a person from hunting there - just need a horse, pedal power, or lots of boot sole.

The problem with transposing data from one source to another is that changes to the original aren’t always captured in documents that reference the original (i.e., if the LEH maps contained motor vehicle closures, they would need to update them every time the MV closures change - think wildfires, FN issues, etc…). Static data like waterbodies and park boundaries are fine, because they rarely change. In the case of dynamic elements like MV closure boundaries and private land holdings, the onus is on outdoor users to verify across all sources what is or isn’t allowed.

If the government was expected to coordinate data between all sources, we’d foot the bill by way of increased taxes, which we’d all piss and moan about, so I’m happy to leave the legwork on myself.
    Its just a matter of a few key strokes these days, just another layer. The map in the Reg synopsis is printed every two years, for detailed leh the link shows the best map Gub can come up with. whats the point of a detailed map if it doesn't have the best details possible
    Glad to say I have hunted Northern BC

Simon Fraser had pretty good judgement on what he found in BC

If this is the draw by/around Alexis Creek I would never waste my time with that ever again. I got it in 2018 so things may have changed, but I wouldn't even go back if it was a GOS.

Quote Originally Posted by TheObserver View Post
    If this is the draw by/around Alexis Creek I would never waste my time with that ever again. I got it in 2018 so things may have changed, but I wouldn't even go back if it was a GOS.
    That sounds like your experience was less than optimal? What happened to make you dislike the area so much?

Pretty Competitive “ hunting “ in that area with SOME of the LOCAL’s. RJ
    Last edited by REMINGTON JIM; 05-21-2023 at 12:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HappyJack View Post
    That sounds like your experience was less than optimal? What happened to make you dislike the area so much?
    We didn't see a single Moose in a week, I can't recall seeing any sign either but this was a while ago we may have seen a little bit can't quite remember. We were talking to an elder Indian guy at the reserve when we were getting gas, nice fella. He told us how some younger indians don't let up on the wildlife and they will go to where the Moose winter on their snowmobiles and shoot them. We didn't have any issues with blockades but I hear there has been issues with blockades in the time since. Some locals from the cariboo can probably give a better update on the area and Moose numbers, but I wouldn't even bother with hunting Moose there would hunt Deer there before I would hunt Moose there.

I have learnt so much since then and have way better spots now where I can almost guarantee I will get a Bull if I get drawn, but the odds are low and I haven't got a draw since so i don't see it happening any time soon. I'd rather put it for somewhere I know and I know Moose are then put it for somewhere with high odds but the odds of me actually getting a Moose are low or almost non existient. This is probably the main reason I wouldn't go back.

Anyone been into the motor vehicle closed section in the last couple years?
    planning a 10 day moose hunt in there this year (yes I know that’s crazy but we have a decent way to
    move all that meat)
    what I’m worried about is if the locals are obeying the closure or if there’s just as much pressure with idiots on quads where they’re not supposed to be.