Thread: LEH Bull Moose 3-28B

LEH Bull Moose 3-28B

Got lucky enough this year to draw an LEH tag for bull Moose for October for 3-28B. It will be me, my 15 yr old son and hopefully my cousin, who has a quad, hoping to get it done with our very limited area knowledge. We headed out a couple weeks ago for scouting trip and accessed the area by Eakin and Darlington Creek Fsr’s and some smaller roads towards Allan Lake and was surprised at how overgrown everything seems to be compared to our e-scouting. Still we did find some sign but nothing super inspiring. We are heading up again next weekend to scout some more specifically Smith Lake FSR and up to Patrick Lake, Lindqusit FSR and spurs roads. Would like to set some cameras that we plan to check first weekend of Sept. I haven’t been able to find much information on the area in the forums so we have settled on giving it our best go with 3 scouting trips from the LMD prior to October. That being said, we would really appreciate it if anyone with some knowledge of the area would consider sending a PM with any input whether vague or specific. Thanks guys

2. Site Sponsor

Re: LEH Bull Moose 3-28B

Patrick Lake is a good area to scout. I haven’t hunted that MU for a while but I used to see moose in that area. Just be aware that using an atv for hunting purposes is prohibited in 3-28 along with 3-29 and 3-30.

Thanks for the heads up on that, I had thought it was just portions on the zone but you’re definitely correct. Much appreciated

You are on the right track with Patrick Lake. The area has grown up a bit for sure but the moose are there. Lots of small hidden meadows out of sight of the road with the re growth which works in your favour if you time the rut right. Get some cameras up for sure but more importantly practice your moose calling which gives you a great chance at success within your time slot!