Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2023 Spring Bear

Re: 2023 Spring Bear

I can see why you’re getting a shoulder mount.. wow.

congrats! I am finally getting giddy to hunt this weekend now that I’ve seen pictures of pushing towards 10 bears drop since Friday.. the elk moose and deer will be happy and lots of hungry mouths will get fed!

Congrats on the beautiful bear. I'll be trying Thursday. Morning till Monday

Beauty bear congrats man!

Amazing bear! I've got one like that in my area - I've seen him twice. Hope I'm lucky enough to see him this spring. Good story.

beautiful colored bear congrats.

What a great bear!! Are you going for a second one this year? I'm always one to encourage taking two bears per season.

Quote Originally Posted by jlirot View Post
    Amazing bear! I've got one like that in my area - I've seen him twice. Hope I'm lucky enough to see him this spring. Good story.
    maybe you guys share an area and you’ll never see your bear again heh

Quote Originally Posted by Husky7mm View Post
    Congrates hunter, fine looking bear. Very satisfying when it all comes together. When you target one animal they are just as lucky as they are smart, you just have to keep at it. I got a white bear in my hunting area, problem is it does not grow, its got to be a sow but never has cubs.

Question, why a shoulder mount over a rug?
    I went with a shoulder mount because I had all kinds of trail cam photos of this guy stuck in my head for a long time, and I wanted to preserve him in a way that keeps him looking as I always envisioned when I had my hopes up of crossing his path. That being said he had an incredibly thick coat and hadn’t really rubbed yet and would have made a nice rug too.

Quote Originally Posted by HappyJack View Post
    What a great bear!! Are you going for a second one this year? I'm always one to encourage taking two bears per season.
    No i’m not going to take another one simply because my husband and I can only eat so much meat. I know predator control is important but that’s a heck of a lot of ground and sausage already

Beauty bear, well done.