Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Butchering at the cabin / Transporting to the cabin

Re: Butchering at the cabin / Transporting to the cabin

Can you imagine, "license and tags please, do you have any wild game meat in your possession?" I hope you can prove to me it's moose meat and was legally shot on October 3rd two years ago. How goofy.

Quote Originally Posted by sed8ed View Post
    Also, we usually go halfers on a cow share every year but there is no receipt from a cutter since I do all the cutting myself... how would this work for transport?
    I bring beef back from Williams lake and get issued a purchase receipt and transport slip
    Don't worry about a pandemic, stupidity is spreading way faster

I might be off here, but what if you butchered cut and wrapped your animal but have the hind quarter with the tail and proof of sex attached as a whole in the freezer along with the other meat? you can have 80 % of your animal all done and just deal with one hind quarter at home. Would that not be ok for transport from the cabin to your main residence?

I think the key to the problem of butchering at your cabin is to have the kill inspected (before butchering & by a game warden) and keep the receipt. This would be similar to having a licensed meat cutter inspecting your kill and giving you a receipt for butchering. Then your wrapped meat would have a dated receipt to show when transporting if stopped.
    . . . . .If I don't respond to your postings, maybe it is because you are on my "IGNORE" list
    . . . . . . . . . . . . I don't see the garbage you write. It's a wonderful tool

Quote Originally Posted by HappyJack View Post
    I shot my deer in October, and moved in November....are you saying they could ticket me for moving my deer that was cut up?? I doubt this information is correct.
    100% correct. My buddy cut it at a resort. The charge was transport of game not butchered at home or butcher. Your situation may be different if it was butchered at home.

Quote Originally Posted by lovemywinchester View Post
    100% correct. My buddy cut it at a resort. The charge was transport of game not butchered at home or butcher. Your situation may be different if it was butchered at home.
    How could they prove it wasn't cut 'at home or by butcher', the onus is on them to prove guilt isn't it? I'd think if you got ticketed and didn't dispute it that would be an admission of guilt.