Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: River Fishing Tips for the Springtime

Re: River Fishing Tips for the Springtime

No grasshopers out yet and i think they are illegal.. harry assuming your fishing the north thompson river.. largely targeting bulls with some rainbows.. i would target where tge clear water meets tge choclate water freshet has definately started.. roe good stuff on the bottom at creek mouths and deep holes will work.. thinking your in clearwater i would fish right in the park just below where the clearwater river runs in or walk down to the mad river meets thompson.. a dick night spoon or other fry imatations will work in these spots. The lake in town has kokane and trout and maybe reach out to some of the guys with the freshwater fisheries society in town they are great guys and know whats up and can show you some tricks.

Quote Originally Posted by HappyJack View Post
    Grasshoppers make good bait if you can find/catch some, we used to stick them on and just flip the hopper out into the current. Wet flies can be productive at times too, ones like the Royal Coachman work.
    That's good to know about the Royal Coachman thanks man..

Quote Originally Posted by walks with deer View Post
    No grasshopers out yet and i think they are illegal.. harry assuming your fishing the north thompson river.. largely targeting bulls with some rainbows.. i would target where tge clear water meets tge choclate water freshet has definately started.. roe good stuff on the bottom at creek mouths and deep holes will work.. thinking your in clearwater i would fish right in the park just below where the clearwater river runs in or walk down to the mad river meets thompson.. a dick night spoon or other fry imatations will work in these spots. The lake in town has kokane and trout and maybe reach out to some of the guys with the freshwater fisheries society in town they are great guys and know whats up and can show you some tricks.
    That's great man thanks, I have started hitting the spots you mentioned, no luck in the rivers in the springtime yet, and yes freshet is now on full tilt... ya I look forward to hitting up that lake, but it's the rivers I find a real challenge and wanted to learn more about, thank you for the tips..

This video explains everything you need to know. No need to thank me.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2Z42Y3...ature=youtu.be
    If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.

To late now but the north thompson fishes good with a mini bar rig and a worm..good for trout. Flies I have had best luck in spring with weighted stone fly and Muddler Minnow fished faster water at head of pool they hit on the swing.If you float the river in spring you can stand up and sight the whitefish schools then you know where they are..head of pool faster water. Summer though is best fishing.
    It is well to try and journey ones road and to fight with the air.Man must die! At worst he can die a little sooner." (H Ryder Haggard)

Quote Originally Posted by walks with deer View Post
    If they are it's news to me, although there are bait bans on some lakes and rivers, there are so many rules and regulations you have to study up on each location you want to fish just to make sure you stay legal. Advice, check the regs before wetting your line.

I remember getting sell reception at a bridge on the grandby river and i had to work so i was on the bridge and there must have been 250-300 rainbows below the bridge the bridge was covered in dead grasshoppers i started chucking them in the water it was like a pirana attack every time one hit the water...i think the rainbows where there for the grasshoppers..

Harry big heffley is ice free as of monday.. little further south but good.

Did good on the south thompson last weekend. Caught bullies, bows, and a good size white fish all on gibbs koho silver/blue/yellow size 35 (3/8oz) spoon. Lost a couple on the fire tiger rooster tail.
    Check my Youtube Channel for fishing and hunting videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjN...AEGjPIUba3pn9g

Quote Originally Posted by Bustercluck View Post
    This video explains everything you need to know. No need to thank me.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2Z42Y3...ature=youtu.be
    I will thank you anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by horshur View Post
    To late now but the north thompson fishes good with a mini bar rig and a worm..good for trout. Flies I have had best luck in spring with weighted stone fly and Muddler Minnow fished faster water at head of pool they hit on the swing.If you float the river in spring you can stand up and sight the whitefish schools then you know where they are..head of pool faster water. Summer though is best fishing.
    OK great thanks....