Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: My First Bear

Re: My First Bear

Awesome job, way to git 'er done. Great Story thanks for sharing.
    Member of the CCFR, but not a "Violent Extremist"

Good job �� We always remember our first bear.. vortex
    Shhhhitttt I got this hold my beer

Holy smokes that is a fine story right right there, and a nice timber bear to boot. Region 2 bear hunting, things often happen up close and personal I find. Thanks for the write-up and pictures. Sure made for a great morning read. You must be feeling it a bit now eh? Bears sure can be a lot of work

Wondering if I might have saw you this weekend. You happen to see a couple weirdos camped in a blue Jeep TJ?

Quote Originally Posted by caddisguy View Post
    Holy smokes that is a fine story right right there, and a nice timber bear to boot. Region 2 bear hunting, things often happen up close and personal I find. Thanks for the write-up and pictures. Sure made for a great morning read. You must be feeling it a bit now eh? Bears sure can be a lot of work

Wondering if I might have saw you this weekend. You happen to see a couple weirdos camped in a blue Jeep TJ?
    Yeah man it was somethin! Your welcome glad you guys enjoyed it, Later that night I was extremely exhausted and slept in good the next morning thats for sure! Back was a little sore yesterday but today i'm good. It was the most work i've had so far as far as post kill work, it was a lot.

I'm not sure I'm usually on a mission when i'm out there so I probably wouldn't have noticed hahah I didn't stop and talk to anyone on Sat.

Are you butchering? Or.... Just wondering how he is going to taste. I have yet to have good Bear meat, but have only tried other peoples. Looking forward to see what you think. Spring bear hunt would be right up my alley, just don't want to waste it.

Quote Originally Posted by BeerMan View Post
    Are you butchering? Or.... Just wondering how he is going to taste. I have yet to have good Bear meat, but have only tried other peoples. Looking forward to see what you think. Spring bear hunt would be right up my alley, just don't want to waste it.
    guess there is a reason they are giving it away…

I’ve now personally shot, and consumed 13 bears and every. Single. One. Was delicious. Though if you tried to cook them up into chops steak or any other fine cut that was your mistake. Bear is exclusively ground, sausage, stew meat and smoked meats, and not because it tastes bad but because it ends up tough as shit.

No not going to butcher this one. I think he will taste good, no funny smell and looks super clean. I will post back here when I try the first meal. I will be getting a lot of pepperoni and salami for sure, not sure on what else yet probably ground for sure. Will be taking him in tomorrow.

congrats on the nice bear

if all else fails,,,just put it in the slow cooker/crock pot for at least 6 hours,,,,,forsure with all the potatoes and carrots,,onions,,,,you will definately change your mind,,,,i also make TONS of jerky with it
    Last edited by B-rad; 05-01-2023 at 05:59 PM.
    Aim small,,miss small

Quote Originally Posted by RyoTHC View Post
    guess there is a reason they are giving it away…

I’ve now personally shot, and consumed 13 bears and every. Single. One. Was delicious. Though if you tried to cook them up into chops steak or any other fine cut that was your mistake. Bear is exclusively ground, sausage, stew meat and smoked meats, and not because it tastes bad but because it ends up tough as shit.
    Ryo, you ever make your own Bear jerky?

I smoke my own jerky with Bucks I get, I might not give it all to the butcher and make some jerky