Hey guys,

Looking to get some high quality backpacking rain gear that can keep me as dry as possible in Blacktail/region 2 rainy country. From the research i've done, seems like a 3-layer gore-tex is the way to go for me. PVC/Rubber is ultimately the best as far as keeping water out, but I can only use it if I am sitting because I will sweat (which I find worse because it gets tacky and smells). I have some (I believe) Nylon stuff which I like how quiet it is, but it gets soggy/heavy when drenched and does a decent job keeping dry but ultimately fails in conditions that think I could get much more out of the gore-tex in.

Anybody got some recommendations from first hand use for 3-Layer Gore-tex lightweight/packable rain gear?

Another thing I need is some trekking poles, ideally telescoping. I'm not sure if I should go with aluminum or carbon. This seems like a product that you wouldn't have to pay top dollar for but obviously not out for garbage that will break. Haven't really looked into these much so any recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks gents