Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Generators??

Re: Generators??

I bought a used, but new in the box, Champion for cheap. That way I won't mind so much when it gets stolen out of our campsite.
    When in doubt, just pin it.

Quote Originally Posted by moosinaround View Post
    I just bought an RV, a fancy one so mama will come with me! She doesn’t do tents, and likes to have a nice clean potty to do business! I have 2 wall tents, cots propane and wood stoves, but mama stays home if those come along!! My 2000 Honda doesn’t do the AC so I have to upgrade my power source for the rustic campsites!!
    I’m interested in the Onans but might be too loud?! The red and blues are expensive. That Costco one loud? I hate being that guy out there, I’m loud enough with my powerstroke diesel!! Moosin
    My Onan is not loud at all. Any inverter generator is usually pretty good as far as being quiet. Really good on fuel. I highly recommend remote start. I do not miss the days of a battery dying at 3-4 am and having to run outside, balls hanging, in the rain, 150 feet thru the brush and trying to pull start the old external frame champion. Push of a button is a wonderful thing.

I have the Firman 3000/3300 for the last 5 years.

Use it for the TT and the AC during the summer and zero issues.

The big test has been running it for our ice shack in the winter powering the shack and all its associated electrical draws. I have run it in all day and night in -30 and other than it gets tough to start at that temp unless I bring it in and warm it up, I have had no issues.

I also like the low draw switch which allows you to save fuel when you don't need the 3000.

We also run a Champion and a Yamaha for the shack and they both work.

Cheers

SS

Quote Originally Posted by 358mag View Post
    "In spite of what some members of this site choose to BELIEVE, None of our opinions are any more important than Dog Shit"!

If you already have a 2000, I’d just buy another 2000 and connect them. That way if you want to run AC you have the power, but if camping in spring and fall you can just pack 1. Typically only need 2000 for hunting camp etc. keeps the lifting weight down too.

Moosin, how’s many BTUs is your AC unit? Is there only one?

Central Interior of our beautiful british columbia.

Quote Originally Posted by kevingm1987 View Post
    Moosin, how’s many BTUs is your AC unit? Is there only one?
    13000? only 1 yup!
    "A good day hunting is mud on your truck or blood on your hands"

“Some people go to church and think about hunting……………others go hunting and think about God!”

It's actually called the 375 "ouch and ouch"!!

"Not asking for any spots or anything like that............................................"

Quote Originally Posted by moosinaround View Post
    13000? only 1 yup!
    RV Softstart is the way to go! It will allow you to run it with your Honda 2000, no issues. It’s just the start up that’s hard on the smaller generators, once started it runs at 10 amps or so! Just confirm your unit is compatible. The current amazon price is a good deal as well. When I bought one it was $500 out the door.

SoftStartRV SSRV3T by NetworkRV Enables An RV Air Conditioner To Start And Run On A Small Generator, Or Limited Power, When It Would Otherwise Not Have Started + Bonus Gift https://a.co/d/hgPXCUs

Agreed, softstart units are the way to go. Unless of course your 2000EUI runs your trailers AC without one, like mine does...

I had a Wen 2000 watt generator I got for my truck camper. Weighed 60 pounds wet, and looked and handled like a big suitcase. It wouldn't run the A/C. So I got a Wen 3800. It weighs 100 pounds, but has wheels, electric start, folding handle, and its an inverter. Both generators are super-quiet compared to some of the other ones out there. The Wen 3800 sells for about $625USD on Amazon.com. I got free shipping to Blaine, WA, too. I declared my purchase and had to pay GST or something, so total cost was still under $1k CDN. I chain it to my truck or a tree when I'm using it and it lives inside the camper when I'm driving. So far it hasn't been stolen. It isn't a lightweight, but it's easy to handle and I have power to spare. Doesnt stink like gasoline at all. Wen has been selling power equipment in the USA since the 50's, and they have parts availability and a decent warranty. It's probably made in China though.

If you're camping, you only have to huck it out of the truck when you set up camp, and once back into the truck when you go home. Unless you forget to chain it up. Then you don't have to worry about putting it back in the truck

Central Interior of our beautiful british columbia.

Well bought a Benchmark generator from Home Hardware. Its a 4400w inverter generator, remote start blah blah type stuff. I'll relay how it performs, its not light, but reviews were fairly good, its USA made. $1200 out the door, so definitely less than half what one of the red or blues woulda cost! Thanks for the info guys! Moosin
    "A good day hunting is mud on your truck or blood on your hands"

“Some people go to church and think about hunting……………others go hunting and think about God!”

It's actually called the 375 "ouch and ouch"!!

"Not asking for any spots or anything like that............................................"