Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Have you renewed your Pal?

Re: Have you renewed your Pal?

@ November 2022, Son sent in all his Info and such for his March 2023 PAL renewal.
    He started following up on it early 2023, "No problems, it's being processed."
    Then it was "You have some "notes" on your file about depression and being on Ativan, we're following up on that."
    Son told them he hasn't been on Ativan for over 10 years, no issues.
    He has no "infractions", nothing. Not even a parking ticket.
    March 2023 renewal date passed, no renewal, called every month, "it's in process."
    Repeated calls, "It's been referred to the BC Office".
    He called me @ a month ago, it arrived in the mail. Renewal date is almost 6 years, not usual 5.
    So, for hunting season(s) he took a fellow hunter along to "supervise" him. Was successful in his deer and bear hunting, but what a PITA.
    Mine renews the end of this year, maybe I'll send my renewal in soon.

I applied 2 months ago online and checked the mail today. I received a letter saying my pic wasn’t good enough so now I gotta get a passport photo done and send it into them. Hopefully I’ll get it back by may!! My bear trip is the week before may long. Soo pumped!

I applied at the beginning of december to renew still not received my new one yet. Thank god mine didn't expire till august. But last week I did phone them and I got the extension number to the BC office. I called them and they Approved it on the phone so I should get it in a week. Or two

Quote Originally Posted by Just View Post
    I applied 2 months ago online and checked the mail today. I received a letter saying my pic wasn’t good enough so now I gotta get a passport photo done and send it into them. Hopefully I’ll get it back by may!! My bear trip is the week before may long. Soo pumped!
    Applied in oct ‘23,just received it last week.
    Had the incorrect photo letter as well in jan,they r very picky about the pic,ended up getting it done at LondonDrugs,they have a Rpal pic template.(my original head was too small..lol)

I applied online in January and had it in my hand in two weeks flat. Found it easy and fast!

I seem to remember sending them a digital photo last time I renewed. What's with folks having to go get a 'passport' photo at the drug store??

^^^^^I was wondering the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by mike31154 View Post
    I seem to remember sending them a digital photo last time I renewed. What's with folks having to go get a 'passport' photo at the drug store??
    Not sure,maybe with the new style they r more picky (the small ‘hologram’ in the bottom corner with the miniature pic of yourself)
    Thought my digital head was normal size ��

Mine is set to expire mid April.
    I decided to apply in January. I called same day to ask about sending proof of my range membership. CFO picked up right away and told me to call back in two weeks to confirm receipt of the application and to get the application number.
    I called back 10 days later and they confirmed receipt of the application and approval of the photo. The gave me the file number for the application to put in the subject line as well as the email address to send my proof of range membership. Sent it off and had my new PAL a week or so later.
    I was also worried about the long wait times I had heard about for renewals but it was done lickity split.

Got my first ‘paper FAC’ in 1989…quick interview with a VanPD detective…done.I believe they had no expiry date back then.
    What a novel idea…a lifetime firearms license for law abiding citizens��