Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Have you renewed your Pal?

Re: Have you renewed your Pal?

Quote Originally Posted by Smokeeater View Post
    If you don't call and bug them, it appears that the renewals get ignored....
    You are 100% correct. If you don’t see your new PAL in 6 weeks, get on the phone!

After a couple of months I phoned. Lady said “let me check”, and came back on and said it was all green lights, but she pushed it past the typical bureaucratic log jam and I had it in two weeks. Non restricted. My son had to do the same thing for his, but it took him about 20 calls to get a person on the phone. My call went to a human first try.
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

Had to renew mine after a fraudster used my info to try and rip somebody off (I had initiated an online transaction with him but stopped when it was clear he was ripping me off). Processing for 4 months so far, no indication whatsoever what the timeline will be.

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

My payment went through on June 21st and my PAL was here Friday June 30th, less than a month from the time I mailed it to receiving the new one.
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America

My renewal took a couple of weeks.
    1. Human over population
    2. Government burden and overreach

Sent my renewal in last October (2022)because it expired in April (2023) and got the new one the last week September (2023).

I had a thread about this last year. Mine took around 6 months. It came two or three weeks after I got my local MP involved. Another poster suggested getting them involved, that is solid advice if it is taking unduly long. I sent my renewal in late April while my license was set to expire in late July. I thought I had plenty of time. I only got my license renewed for early November, just in time for peak rut.

I believe you can go to the range and hunt with an expired PAL, as long as you have a renewal in process
    Unfortunately not. I asked this directly to a number of different people at the firearms offices. There is an amnesty which means they won’t charge you and seize your firearms. But in order to hunt you must hunt within arms reach of another valid license holder and have a single gun between the two of you. Basically just like you are a newbie and have no PAL.

Applied mid June, still waiting.

Applied to renew my RPAL on January 21st. Received it in the mail today, Feb 8th. Pretty good turnaround time if you ask me.

Did mine in January. 17 days.

Did snail mail in Jan. 3 weeks turn around.