Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Have you renewed your Pal?

Re: Have you renewed your Pal?

Here is my experience attempting to get through. Maybe this might work for someone else. My application stalled so I made multiple attempts to call the CFO. You either wait on hold to have the call dropped, call in normal hours to hear 'our office is currently closed' or 'all our services are available online'. Finally got through to someone by going with 'press X to make a payment' option. Figures since they have staffing to take payment but not to process applications. Person at the other end was exceptional, really lucked out. This made the difference at getting my application through. Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by BimmerBob View Post
    One thing I did find out was that my new RPAL if it is finally provided will be dated to the my next birthday plus 5 years as I explained that the way it looked to me was that they were charging me for a 5 year license but only giving me a partial amount of the 5 years.
    The last time I renewed it was processed after my PAL expired and the new PAL expires just under 6 years. My birthday is in July so it didn't affect hunting.

It was my bank that noticed the expiry since I use my PAL as ID whenever I can. It's on the list of approved picture ID.

6 f***ing months... still waiting on renewal! > I've called the MP, called the Firearms centre, etc. There are no problems or flags on my file, I can assert that confidently. This govt is absolutely fkt.
    Regards,

Ltbullken
    Freelance Wildlife Population Manager
    Animals - If you can't eat 'em, wear 'em!

I received my pal 5 months after it expired, yet my new one expires 5 years from the old expiry so I paid full price yet got less than 5 years use from the card. Screwed by the government again
    It aint easy being green

Doesn't sound good to me. Renewed Feb 11 and it expires next month.

Looking up the license status is no help either, "...Completed initial review..." and not much else.

Quote Originally Posted by s a View Post
    Here is my experience attempting to get through. Maybe this might work for someone else. My application stalled so I made multiple attempts to call the CFO. You either wait on hold to have the call dropped, call in normal hours to hear 'our office is currently closed' or 'all our services are available online'. Finally got through to someone by going with 'press X to make a payment' option. Figures since they have staffing to take payment but not to process applications. Person at the other end was exceptional, really lucked out. This made the difference at getting my application through. Hope this helps.
    Good trick!!

My PAL was set to expire January 2023, I submitted a renewal online the last week of October 2022. Received my PAL mid November 2022. Took about 3 weeks.

There's no consideration on what's renewed quickly or not.
    Wife and I applied same time April last year, I got mine in August, hers in December.

If yours is delayed, call your MLA
    WSSBC
    BCWF
    CCFR
    BHA

Well I feel better knowing it’s not just me getting ignored. Sounds like there are many similar stories. I guess it’s just luck of the draw if they get around to you. It’s sad that all of us are trying to stay within the law but I don’t know how I’ll feel if it’s not here by hunting season. Hopefully this thread gets some attention to people needing to renew and keeps them from having an expired license.

Just got mine yesterday. Took 4 weeks.