Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Have you renewed your Pal?

Re: Have you renewed your Pal?

Just received my yesterday After Sending in the renewal online in the beginning of december

Mailed my renewal in this past Sunday. Be interesting to see when the new one arrives!

I just checked the status of my renewal (submitted online a week and a half ago) and it says the license has been issued and I should receive it within within 2 weeks. I think this is the fastest turn-around for me, though I think the only lengthy delay I ever had was when one of their license printers was out of commission.

A co-worker of mine actually applied for his initial license and received it in 45 days. Seems like everything is running smoothly.

I applied online on Jan 10 and this is what it says when I checked the status on their site today.

"We have completed the initial review of your firearms licence application. If additional information is required, you will be contacted. Please check the status again at a later date."

R.I.P BiG Boar

I mailed mine in before Christmas 2023 . Still waiting , have talked to them 3 times ” Oh I see you have all the appropriate paperwork and it’s before the Firearms officer waiting for approval “ Geeeezzzzz ! C’mon Man !
    Arctic Lake
    Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt “ The Man In The Arena “ !

Arctic Lake ...... go visit your local MP ... I did that and things happened very quick on getting it

I was thinking of doing just that, and he’s a Conservative ,and I know he’s a firearm supporter . Thanks for the reply Ferenc !
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferenc View Post
    Arctic Lake ...... go visit your local MP ... I did that and things happened very quick on getting it
    Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt “ The Man In The Arena “ !

Was with my son who completed a change of address for PAL. It was painless called the rcmp number in new brunswick, she asked for his info took about 5 min total and it was complete no hassles whatsoever

Quote Originally Posted by BigBanger View Post
    I applied online on Jan 10 and this is what it says when I checked the status on their site today.

"We have completed the initial review of your firearms licence application. If additional information is required, you will be contacted. Please check the status again at a later date."

If you want any more in depth information than that give them a call. I sent my application in mid February. My PAL expires the end of May. I wanted to stay ahead of the curve in case I screwed up my photo (cell phone pic) or anything else. I called yesterday and the girl was able to tell me the federal part of it was OK'd, photo was good, and everything had been forwarded to the province. So, now it is in the hands of the provincial CFO awaiting final approval or whatever. Girl said give it another 2 weeks and if I haven't heard anything by then give them another call. She was very pleasant and helpful, the call put my mind at ease regarding any major delay. One gets a little nervous hearing all the horror stories about delays.

Just got mine. It took a bit more than 3 weeks which is crazy.