Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Have you renewed your Pal?

Have you renewed your Pal?

Well back in December I applied online to renew my pal and restricted. Figuring that it was up in March 3 1/2 months should be enough time to get it back before it expires. Apparently not. Even today I’m still waiting for my licences. I have called several times and get told it’s at the final step and if I don’t get it within 4-6 weeks call back. I have done this 3 times and they tell me the same thing over the phone. Just wondering if anyone has done there’s recently and could give me a possible time estimate? On another note the only useful thing they told me was if your license is going to expire within a year of the date minus - 1 day you can apply to renew. Hope that helps if anyone reading this needs to do so. While my license is temporarily expired I’m not allowed to purchase ammo or even go to the range. I was told over the phone.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Have you renewed your Pal?

They have said ( to me ) they send out a email to you 6 months prior to PAL expiring , then mail a notice 3 months prior to expiring .... the lady said to me yesterday that as soon as you are in receipt of an email to apply , I’m in the same situation as you with mine expiring May 1st
    I was told to expect it in June now ... and the renewal application was good at her end ... and not to remove the firearms from the house and ensure they are safely stored.
    I also asked being that that application has been confirmed received and now in Process .. can I go Target shooting and Hunting .... her answer was no.
    And that whoever stopped me ... Her example .. Peace Officer .. would be at his / her discretion on how to proceed
    My fingers are crossed for June ...

I applied in January
    Last edited by Ferenc; 04-18-2023 at 05:02 PM.

My renewal was processed early December as well and the website has been saying it went through and I should see it within two weeks since February. When I try to call I simply get the “we’re too busy to deal with you, try in a few days” message.

I don’t know why people bother waiting, I’ve applied 2 years earlier than expiration and received a new card dated 5 years out… Know it expires next year ? Send it in now.

Quote Originally Posted by RyoTHC View Post
    I don’t know why people bother waiting, I’ve applied 2 years earlier than expiration and received a new card dated 5 years out… Know it expires next year ? Send it in now.
    good advice right here ^^^^^^^

I believe you can go to the range and hunt with an expired PAL, as long as you have a renewal in process... you just cannot purchase firearms or ammo until your new license arrives
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

Coworker just got it last week after 8 months. Applied 6 months prior to expiration.
    Don't know what you can do about it, but that's unacceptable.

Mines about to expire sent it in February. Don’t they have a 6 month leniency

Mine said it should be 2 weeks. But doesn’t say from when, I assume 2 weeks every time I log in.

The last time I renewed my RPAL it took less than a month.