Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Have you renewed your Pal?

Re: Have you renewed your Pal?

Federal Liberal Firearm Discouragement Program . . . . Trudeau's approach to dis-arming the law abiding Canadian firearm owner?
    Conspiracy theory ?

Quote Originally Posted by ACE View Post
    Federal Liberal Firearm Discouragement Program . . . . Trudeau's approach to dis-arming the law abiding Canadian firearm owner?
    Conspiracy theory ?
    After mine took a long time, I talked to a bunch of people, the only thing different from me to them was I actually own a handgun. Didn't matter if it was a new application, renewal of PAL or RPAL. The only factor that made mine take longer than other people was I owned a handgun. One buddy had his RPAL approved in 13 days in March 2023! Sold his handguns though.

I don't think your far off...

If you're renewing an RPAL, there's a kind of hack you can do to make them process it faster: apply for an ATT to move a restricted firearm to a new address or to sell/gift it. Now obviously you don't want to do anything fraudulent, but I was into my 4th or 5th month of waiting for renewal and had to move. Applied for the ATT and within 24 hours had confirmation from the CFP that my renewal was processed so that they could process the ATT.

Put your MP to work. I waited over 9 months. Two emails to my MP and I had it in 3 weeks. Followed up after two weeks and I had it the next week.
    the lying *******s said my CC was declined. Total bullshit. Get this outta the hands of the RCMP, they have neither the resources nor the time. Complete joke.

Got mine back last week and it took less than 3 weeks, was actually amazed for once. And passport only took a month, glad I got it done prior to the strike.

Mailed renewal application on March 1st, expired March 28th, new one arrived today. Maybe it’s quicker if a person has had only one spouse, no restricted license, no dust ups with the law, pay your taxes, etc.
    "Every time is a once-in-a-lifetime experience . . . all different" Glenn St. Charles

LIFE MEMBER: RMGA, WSSBC, BGRCBC

Mine was a week from expiring.
    Thought they used to mail you a reminder?
    (I did move however and didn’t have mail forwarded).
    Anyways, did it online.
    I think I received it in 5 or 6 weeks.
    This was back 3 months ago.

It took me 4 months from the time it expired. Phone calls to the processing center
    were never answered, it was a infuriating. I hunted with an expired PAL and was asked to produce it at camp by a CO, I gave him my expired one and told him of my travails awaiting renewal along with a expletives filled rant about the Trudeau
    government’s incompetence. He just smiled,handed me back the expired PAL,and
    went on his merry way after making sure everything else was copacetic.

My new PAL arrived in the mail today. They processed my credit card on Dec 22, 2022. Just under 6 months for a simple online renewal��

process that usually took 4 months took ten months this time.
    Bullshit to say the least
    Promoting the sport of Archery and Bowhunting
    NCCP and IBEF Certification

Custom Knives and Game Calls

Quote....."Life's tough......it's even tougher if you're stupid"........John Wayne
    Quote....."It is far better to be alone than in bad company"........ George Washington