Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Have you renewed your Pal?

Re: Have you renewed your Pal?

From opening my 1st ever reminder, this will be my 5th PAL. I had the new one in hand 12 days. All done from my phone. If only the next election was so swift!
    Take a kid hunting its more rewarding than shooting an animal yourself!!

Quote Originally Posted by mike31154 View Post
    I seem to remember sending them a digital photo last time I renewed. What's with folks having to go get a 'passport' photo at the drug store??
    I believe it is if your photo is rejected that they ask you to get a professional pal/passport photo taken and mail it in. I know a few people who have had to do this over the last year or two.

Seems they are a little more picky than they used to be. Things like slight shadows, reflection, head doesn't take up correct percentage of picture, a few strands of long hair out of frame, etc.

I am not sure why they insist on snail mailing the passport photo rather than emailing a digital copy of it (most passport places will provide you with a digital copy) but it might be an option. Nobody I know cared to ask if emailing was an option, so maybe it is. Perhaps someone on here knows if you can email the passport photo if the initial one was rejected. I imagine this would save them time having to scan it.

I sent in my renewal a week ago. Mine expires in September. If the photo gets rejected and they ask me to mail a passport photo, I will ask if I can just email the digital version. Here's hoping it is accepted though

I have a question for all though. The online renewal did not ask me about proof of range membership, which is apparently required in BC for RPAL. Where do we submit that? Do we send via email? If so, where do we send to? I forget what I did last time LOL

Edit: I "think" I might have answered my own question. Searching the "Sent" folder, I see that I emailed them the proof of membership. I sent it to cfp-pcaf@rcmp-grc.gc.ca with reference to my renewal and provided my license number. I will just do that again. Glad I stumbled across this thread (especially the post from ekul246) It jogged my memory.
    Last edited by caddisguy; 04-07-2024 at 02:44 PM.

caddisguy
    The online renewal did not ask me about proof of range membership, which is apparently required in BC for RPAL. Where do we submit that

i just renewed my rpal and they never asked for range membership this time i apply to renew in oct.2023 and just received in march and this is my 6th time for renewal
    Last edited by Trapper; 04-07-2024 at 03:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trapper View Post
    caddisguy
    The online renewal did not ask me about proof of range membership, which is apparently required in BC for RPAL. Where do we submit that

i just renewed my rpal and they never asked for range membership this time i apply to renew in oct.2023 and just received in march and this is my 6th time for renewal
    Looking at my email history, I emailed it to them cfp-pcaf@rcmp-grc.gc.ca in reference to the renewal (and provided my license number)

I believe this is not so much for the RPAL itself, but the LTATT attached to it. From what I read though, some who do not take this step end up getting delayed as the renewal goes on pause for a snail mail letter to be sent asking for it.

Soo, while I renewed mine online a week ago and only just remembered the "proof or range membership" hoop, I will just pre-emptively email the range membership to cfp-pcaf@rcmp-grc.gc.ca

Anyway, if they renewed yours without it (maybe this is no longer required?) and your LTATT is still valid, I wouldn't worry about submitting it.

Mine wasn't set to expire until May of this year, but I did the renewal online at Xmas and got it in 10 days
    "Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because you agree with it"
    -Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by kolofardos View Post
    Mine wasn't set to expire until May of this year, but I did the renewal online at Xmas and got it in 10 days
    That's impressive considering they have to review/approve, print the license and mail it from back east. I put mine in last week and the status just says "Initial review is complete and we will contact if more information is needed" (which is what I expect at this stage)

If it comes within a month or two that seems reasonable to me. Takes 3-4 weeks when I renew my drivers license to get it in the mail.

I think the only major delay I ever had was when one of their license printers was broken so there was quite a bit of backlog and they were triaging the squeaky wheel. I called told them "it's gonna expire on my birthday and I have a tripped planned. I really want to be able to hunt on my birthday weekend" or something. If i recall she called up the CFO and got it approved right there over the phone and said I'd have it in a week or two (and I did)

I've had nothing but good experience whenever I call them. I understand stuff can happen, so I figure 6 months in advance is a good time to renew, even though most likely it will only a few weeks or maybe a couple months.

Quote Originally Posted by caddisguy View Post
    That's impressive considering they have to review/approve, print the license and mail it from back east. I put mine in last week and the status just says "Initial review is complete and we will contact if more information is needed" (which is what I expect at this stage)

If it comes within a month or two that seems reasonable to me. Takes 3-4 weeks when I renew my drivers license to get it in the mail.

I think the only major delay I ever had was when one of their license printers was broken so there was quite a bit of backlog and they were triaging the squeaky wheel. I called told them "it's gonna expire on my birthday and I have a tripped planned. I really want to be able to hunt on my birthday weekend" or something. If i recall she called up the CFO and got it approved right there over the phone and said I'd have it in a week or two (and I did)

I've had nothing but good experience whenever I call them. I understand stuff can happen, so I figure 6 months in advance is a good time to renew, even though most likely it will only a few weeks or maybe a couple months.
    I was stunned. With all the horror stories I've been reading lately I was worried that my old one would expire before the new one came. I should also add that it was about 10 "business" days. Sent Dec 23rd, came in the mail Jan 9.
    "Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because you agree with it"
    -Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Steeleco View Post
    From opening my 1st ever reminder, this will be my 5th PAL. I had the new one in hand 12 days. All done from my phone. If only the next election was so swift!
    Renewed # 7 last year if my math is right.
    No one on their death bed ever said; I should have spent more time at work.

Just recently renewed my PAL. Mailed it out beginning of Mar and received it last week. Wasn't expecting it so quick.

renewed mine mid dec.
    phoned in march when mine expired and was told they are 6-9 months behind!!!!
    was told to phone mid april to see how thing are going.
    my last PAL from 5 years ago took a total of 18 days to get back to me.