Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Garmin 67i

Re: Garmin 67i

well she made it through most of the day yesterday before it was dead

"If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

I just upgraded to the 67i and its amazing compared to the 66i. I went for a 5 day hunt with my 67i and had it on the entire time if i remember correctly like i had 50% battery left when i was packing up to head back home. The biggest thing the higher battery life has done for me is the battery anxiety. What's the point of having a gps device when it runs out of battery so fast.

I wanted an inreach device for safety purposes as I've been hunting solo on the Island and these were on sale at SportChek last week for 20% off.

So far it seems like a good device, it's been a little tedious figuring out setting up the maps, and I'm not sure where I should be relying on this or my cel phone maps... iHunter, all trails, etc

I guess I haven't really had the time to put in fiddling with it enough thus far, but the great battery life was a big reason I got it instead of just the IR mini, cel phone nav and battery don't have the legs this thing has.