Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Garmin 67i

Garmin 67i

Garmin just released the new 67i model. I've been using the 66i for the last four years and it's been great. The biggest change between these models is the increased battery life of the 67i

I tried it head to head with my 66i to see how it fared in the real world. Initially I left them both on with screen brightness set to 50%. The 66i lasted a little over 24 hours. Then I put them in Expedition mode, the 66i lasted about a week

"If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Garmin 67i

I must be missing something Mr. Bartell . How long did the 67i last ?
    Arctic Lake
    Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt “ The Man In The Arena “ !

well you can see the battery level on the display. The 67i is the one that's not dead

Garmin rates the battery life about 5x longer with the new 67i
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

Definitely can see the appeal for a backpacking trip of any length but really, I have zero issue charging up mine via power bank or solar while on the go

I haven't had any issues that way either, with my 66i, I just got in the habit of charging it in the truck or in camp at every few nights. Now I will just have to do that a few times a season

Okay got it . Thank You !
    Quote Originally Posted by todbartell View Post
    well you can see the battery level on the display. The 67i is the one that's not dead

Garmin rates the battery life about 5x longer with the new 67i
    Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt “ The Man In The Arena “ !

After 8 full hunting days the 67i battery is still at 46%

I've been sending inReach messages and check-in's, mainly use it on expedition mode where the screen is off but it's still tracking me. Turning it off overnight or when I am in camp for a couple hours mid day. Looks like it might make 15 full days of hunting before it's dead

Good to know! I replaced my lost/stolen 66i with the mini and I really miss all the "gps" features of the 66 so I think a 67 may be in my future.

12.5 days of hunting and it's now below 10% battery left. A couple of the days it's been on for 10 hours in a row (not on expedition mode) as I drive around a new hunting area learning the spots I want to explore. I've downloaded some satellite imagery too recently

I had accidentally turned on Tracking on my unit for the last month, that probably doesn't help battery life. [Tracking on the GPSMAP 67i is the uploading of your position coordinates at a specific interval. This allows others to view the path you are traveling during your adventures via your MapShare website page] That cost me an extra $15 on my bill this month too LOL

I just plug it in on the charger to get the % for the pic. I haven't charged it since Aug31

Great GPS!
    Last edited by todbartell; 10-23-2023 at 05:44 PM.

That’s impressive. I currently use the 66i and have just formed the habit of plugging in to a power bank at bed time or running it in the truck mid day. It’s tempting to not worry about doing that anymore.