Re: Equal Access To Wilderness / Unauthorized Gates

Quote Originally Posted by TheObserver View Post
    Hey tried sending you a PM but inbox is full
    Fixed it if you want to try again

Quote Originally Posted by BCHunterTV View Post
    Chris if you want access i can get you in... let me know
    Always appreciated Danny, chatting about that now through other means

Side story here... I do have a few trailcams in that neck of the woods and this would not the first time HBC's one and only BCHunterTV has set the stage for me recovering trailcams, this time in an entirely different region under totally different circumstances. I think this will bring the total up to 12 trailcams you helped me recover LOL

Gates gotta go, but who knows how long it will be for that to get sorted out but in the mean time sure would be nice to get those trailcams back.

For those who have Facebook or know people who have Facebook, please do go and weigh in on the discussions with regard to post #65 on the previous page regarding the Emory blockade where Chief Ken Hansen's press release refers to everyone else as "Settler Neighbours"... listed in order of priority:

Hope Bullion Board:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/hope...89395911144071

Hunting Facebook Page:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Hunt...44783829082627

4WDABC:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/4wda...59550752311009

Ruby Creek, Squeah, etc also blocked. This is taking off quickly. Please voice your opinion. If you want to go further:

The NRO has been the most responsive body so far. Here is the link where you can report the violation online. The page also has a phone number you can call. Filing the complaint and following it up with a phone call is what I recommend:

https://forms.gov.bc.ca/industry/rep...rce-violation/

Ken's press release states one of their objectives is to block hunting access. Section 80 of the Wildlife Act states:

80 Obstructing licensed persons
    A person commits an offence if the person interferes with or obstructs a person licensed or permitted to capture wildlife or to hunt, fish, guide or trap while that person is lawfully so engaged.

You can also report it to RAPP (Conservation):

https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/e...rvice/cos-rapp

Lastly, the Chilliwack Forest Service District has been responsive:

Forests.ChilliwackDistrictOffice@gov.bc.ca
    604-702-5700
    Fax: 604-702-5711

If they can get away with closing vast amounts of land over anecdotal unsubstantiated claims, there's not much hope left. They submitted a press release for a reason. When was the last time we saw a press release over access that didn't involve a fire or anything, just "we're claiming this" ??? ... if that's the new standard, I don't know what to say, but I think the reason is that the heat is on over the gate, so it's a posturing maneuver, good time to voice up.
    Last edited by caddisguy; 06-08-2023 at 01:12 AM.

Caddis ! This is getting out of hand ! We need to stop this snowball before it turns into an avalanche ! As soon as I can I will voice my concerns . I’m not on Facebook so let me know my best approach
    Thank You
    Arctic Lake
    Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt “ The Man In The Arena “ !

I'm having the opposite problem with hunters driving past 4 different private property/no trespassing signs onto my property, and then trying to argue that the private right of way on my land is actually an FSR. A quick check on the forestry website confirms that it is not.

In the back corner of my property I found that someone has been maintaining a brushcut trail accessing another piece of private property behind me(and no it's not the landowner.) After putting up a brushpile and a very obvious private property sign, I came back to find that the brushpile has been pushed out of the way using a tractor/plow vehicle of some sort. Trail cameras and locked steel gates are the next step I guess.