Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Honda ATVs

Re: Honda ATVs

Honda pioneer 520 side by side. Bought one 2 years ago. Fantastic machine. Check it out. And yes, it fits perfectly in a 6.5 box with tailgate down. Hauled out a big bull elk last fall with it, Only 2 trips, head and all. Great machine.
    Always EXPECT the UNEXPECTED!

I bought 4 new Yamahas in 2008, best bikes ever,,as far as the myths about belt drive,,thats exactly what they are myths,,,my 700 Grizzly has 9000kms on the original belt,,hauled whole mooses outta da bush in one piece no sweat,,never a problem,,

Quote Originally Posted by stinkyduck View Post
    I have a couple of Honda's as well, Rubicons. Rumors have it that a local around here lost his license and used his Yamaha quad as his daily driver. Apparently there is over 135,000 KMs on it?
    Quote Originally Posted by ACE View Post

​What models, what kind of work?

grow grapes to make wine. Almost all are 420 and a few 500’s, all are foot
    shift they are the most reliable. We have replaced top ends at 60k and kept going but normally try and renew at the 10-15 year old mark. We have run many 350 and 400 carb units which were good but I prefer the fuel injected models

My mom bought a new Rubicon 520 last year. It's a nice rig. Have owned pretty much every different honda atv made since 1985.

Anyways, she says it's alot bigger than her last 2014 420 and she doesn't like it for that reason.
    I asked her why she didn't get the new 420. Apparently a new 420 is the exact same frame and size as a 520. Only difference is the engine size and the 520 has a handlebar headlight.

Over the years I have seen several belt failures on atv's. Made lots of trips to town for buddies to get belts and tools. All polaris and one artic cat.

Since my 06 GMC short box has lost its shine and good looks I have cut the inner panels out of the tailgate where the rear wheels are and my honda now fits right in and the tailgate closes. If I had realized how easy this was I would have done it long ago but with a neater job.

Quote Originally Posted by Bernie O View Post
    Since my 06 GMC short box has lost its shine and good looks I have cut the inner panels out of the tailgate where the rear wheels are and my honda now fits right in and the tailgate closes. If I had realized how easy this was I would have done it long ago but with a neater job.
    very clever lad well done..
    steven

Quote Originally Posted by sako79 View Post
    It doesn't look like any of the new quads sit inside standard 6.5 foot box anymore
    My Sportsman 570 fit with the tailgate closed in my 07 Chev 6.5 box ! RJ

We use some use those ramps you use form doing an oil change. Lifts the front end 6-8” and then close tail gate

Yamaha for me and i am a big honda fan . bought new 2003 grizzly 660 now had 14,000 Km never left me stranded . runs like new
    " Never tell me the Odds "

Buddy has a brand new Yamaha 700. He hunted with me a bit last fall. Twice some kind of antifreeze plug fell off stranding him twice. Lovely machine though.