Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Honda ATVs

Re: Honda ATVs

I have an issue with the CVT on my quad, I find it seems to runs at 3,000 rpm all the time, so the mileage runs from absolutely great to terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by landphil View Post
    Hey, now that’s pretty good.

Only issue I’ve really had with our 2 Hondas (2016 420s with all options) is one had a sticking / squeaking steering stem bushing that some thick silicone grease seems to have solved, and I don’t care for the stock tires / and the mismatched rim sizes (12” front, 11” rear).

I don’t think one can go too far wrong with a Honda or a Yamaha, a Canned Ham or a Polaris may just work for some, but don’t buy an Argo quad (made by Kymco - Kwang Yang Motor Co) buddy tried that last year, it would boil the gas in the tank during low speed riding, and died due to an electrical short 7 days into our 8 day hunting trip. At least it died at camp. It got returned.
    lmao I totally didn’t mean 2023 but that gave me a good laugh, imagine being happy your multi thousand dollar machine survived a mere couple months lol

Quote Originally Posted by RyoTHC View Post
    lmao I totally didn’t mean 2023 but that gave me a good laugh, imagine being happy your multi thousand dollar machine survived a mere couple months lol
    I wasn’t surprised when I read 2023…

The Yamaha belt system is supposed to be bulletproof now a days. Canam and others not so much.
    If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.

Quote Originally Posted by RyoTHC View Post
    I kinda figured, couldn’t resist though! LOL. Did you mean 2013??
    Pretend hunter.

I've owned two Yamaha's and one Honda. I still own the Honda and I sold the Yamaha's. Both are great machines, but belt drive CVT always drove me crazy. You always had to be on the throttle, even when gong down steep hills. Let off a bit and you come to a stop, no coasting. On the Honda, you just upshift into 5th and putt putt down the road. I also prefer good old manual transmissions in my road vehicles, so there is that.

Quote Originally Posted by srupp View Post
    HMMM DROVE Fords for 30 years..and YOUR dissing that ?
    drove Hondas for 35 years..never had to walk home...YET..LOL..

Im ok with that....undeniably you certainly are knowledgable..intelligent and far smarter than me....but I am ok with being second...

be well RJ....ALWAYS my pleasure..
    cheers
    Steven

All Good Steven !We owned a Honda Rancher for years and it was a good little machine but no MATCH for tuff off Road riding like my Pol 570 and Pol 800 are ! Hondas are good for road hunters RJ

We have 35 honda atv at work. Some of them have over 60,000km on them. Not fancy or fast but super reliable

Quote Originally Posted by jac View Post
    We have 35 honda atv at work. Some of them have over 60,000km on them. Not fancy or fast but super reliable
    ​What models, what kind of work?

Quote Originally Posted by jac View Post
    Holy Shit 60000 kms = 37000 Miles ! That’s crazy �� VERY interesting . RJ

I have a couple of Honda's as well, Rubicons. Rumors have it that a local around here lost his license and used his Yamaha quad as his daily driver. Apparently there is over 135,000 KMs on it?