Thread: ROD and gun clubs

Talking ROD and gun clubs

Hi does anyone know of a rod and gun club in the abbotsford area where I can
    shoot a rifle on a weekend without being a member.THANKS

2. Site Sponsor

Re: ROD and gun clubs

I think your going to be out of luck. IIRC the only range in the whole lower mainland that has walk in privileges is POCO.

As a member at Ridgedale I know you can get 2 visits each year for $3, after that your encouraged to join. Which really is a good thing!
    Take a kid hunting its more rewarding than shooting an animal yourself!!

Thanks now i'm thinking of becoming a member of ridgedale rod and gun.I have been on their website.I hear its only 35$ for a junior.
    Lots of people recomended ridgedale over mission rod and gun club.
    Last edited by steelheadSABO; 11-29-2007 at 07:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by steelheadSABO View Post
    Thanks now i'm thinking of becoming a member of ridgedale rod and gun.I have been on their website.I hear its only 35$ for a junior.
    At those rates, a year at Ridgedale is $5 cheaper than 2 visits to POCO.
    It's a great range, have been a member since 00
    Take a kid hunting its more rewarding than shooting an animal yourself!!

you can be guest of a member for $10 bucks at abby fish and game if you know a member there
    "Using your legs to go up a road is called walking, not hiking and if you have a gun over your shoulder or a bow in hand it's called road hunting."
    -Goat Guy. Dec 3/09.

what are the rules to shooting up in the mountains near chilliwack? chipmunk, foley lake area I got a new gun and want to site it in and have the same problem as steelhaedSABO

There are a few gravel pits, hundreds of atver's on the weekend though, Best to get involved in range member ship though it supports both the range and the national rifle assoc.

ya I agree I signed up today at ridgedale and won't get my membership till tuesday or wednesday but eger to shoot my new rem 700 and have the weekend off.. Is there any other local spots thats safer.. I know about the atv and the dirt bikers up there, Im one of them, I now that area like the back of my hand
    ________
    Volcano Vaporizer
    Last edited by r106; 02-10-2011 at 04:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by steelheadSABO View Post

I just joined the Mission Club; it's a good facility but seems to suffer from some mismanagement and internal turmoil. I'm sure it's the same everywhere. The 300 yard range is great. I fail to understand why gun clubs are so cheap; for the facility you get access to the value is incredible. I wish they would charge twice what as much and fix things up a little better. $100 bucks a year is a pittance for what a range provides IMO.
    ANY SOCIETY THAT WOULD GIVE UP A LITTLE LIBERTY TO GAIN A LITTLE SECURITY WILL DESERVE NEITHER AND LOSE BOTH.

- Benjamin Franklin