Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Knife store/specialty knife store

Re: Knife store/specialty knife store

Does the place have to be in the lower main land? Or you open to checking out other spots? I just bought Montana Knife Companies Blackfoot 2.0. Couldn’t be happier. If you’ve never heard of MKC, check them out. Josh Smith (Josh smith knives is his custom shop company) is a master blade smith and knows what hunters want and need and builds his knifes accordingly. As well, Tanner at Frontiersman Gear in PG builds some next level knifes, check him out too.

Mike Jones Knife and Tool. made in Quesnel BC.

Here my 2 cents ! I used knives most of my working life . What do you want to use the knife for ? If you want a knife that is custom made and has excellent quality and cost you hundreds of dollars leave it on a desk at home for opening letters !
    Because your going to be sicker than a teen girl who drank to much gin at the high school dance if you loose it .
    Arctic Lake
    Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt “ The Man In The Arena “ !

As Arctic Lake said ..... have a look at “ Mora of Sweden “ knives .... especially the older ones ... fair price range and it gets the job done.

I have a couple Benchmade knives. Good steel and good quality. Expensive enough to care about but not custom enough to be too sick if you lose one. Although, I've had the same one in my pocket for the last 8 years and I'd be pretty upset if I lost it.

Thanks for the replies guys!

What i'm looking for does not have to be custom, but definitely want quality and don't mind paying a 100-200+, the main one I want is a big bowie knife stabber for defence in the event I get attacked by a Bear or Lion and my gun gets knocked out of my hands I almost strictly scout and hunt alone so I always carry one, the one I take out now is my Dads and don't want to keep taking it out in the elements and bushwacking with it as it and the sheath inevitably takes a beating.

Stainless fixed blade with studs/rivets bowie knife what i'm looking for, then just a nice all purpose/camp knife because I lost my last one in Sept. I've got all the skinning and gutting knives I need. Was thinking about a nice backcountry folding knife with a saw 2 in one as well if I have enough but that one can wait

For that ,I would look at cold steel, or spartan have both and they are a good bang for your buck.Customs are nice and have more than a few of them but AL is right you lose a factory bowie does not hurt as much as a custom.I carry an American knife co sheath as my go to hunting but also have a beauty Solingen that is in my pack.Most knife co will ship and the nutz has the odd buy in edged weapons

Quote Originally Posted by Muledeercrazy2 View Post
    I would order any of these online for the best price, Grohmann direct and check their seconds if you want to get a better deal. I imagine a good custom knife starts at 600 and although there are great craftsmen making them across the country you would have no real assurance of any warranty from a small business. How much are you looking to spend? My H1 was about 400$

edit- Randall knives have been around for years and they are custom knives, but you either wait 5 years or pay a premium. I would have some confidence they will still be making knives down the road. That would probably cost you 5-600 usd, I haven’t looked lately
    Not looking for a custom just yet, would be willing to spend 200-400

Quote Originally Posted by Bullreaper View Post
    Does the place have to be in the lower main land? Or you open to checking out other spots? I just bought Montana Knife Companies Blackfoot 2.0. Couldn’t be happier. If you’ve never heard of MKC, check them out. Josh Smith (Josh smith knives is his custom shop company) is a master blade smith and knows what hunters want and need and builds his knifes accordingly. As well, Tanner at Frontiersman Gear in PG builds some next level knifes, check him out too.
    No doesn't have to be down here, I just always like to get a feel for something first if I can

House of Knives for a Bowie style and something local.

https://houseofknives.ca/search.php?...ection=product

North Arm for a camp knife. Really like my Lynx, and it holds an edge way better than my Grohmann.

https://northarmknives.com/product/l...h/#description