Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Durston Tents

Durston Tents

Hey everyone I am thinking of trying out a Durston 1 man tent. I have a couple of questions for anyone who owns or has tried a Durston tent. First question is there a big difference between the X-mid and the X-mid solid in performance? Second question are they as good in the wind and rain as the reviews say? I have never owned a trekking pole tent and have always used free standing tents but these tents get such good reviews I am thinking of giving it a try.
    PS has anyone tried there Z-flick tent poles?

Thanks for any info you can share

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Durston Tents

Also interested in hearing some reviews!

Same here. I’m waiting to buy an X-Mid Pro 1 when they’re in stock.

I just got the mid-x 2p solid. Ive set it up but haven’t used it yet. It looks really good. Well made. So light for how much room you get. The vestibule room is fantastic. I can see just using the fly for short hunts in ok weather or instead of taking my sil tarp. I think I’d stick with the solid to provide a bit more leeway in terms of conditions. I’m gonna add some more stakes, so I can really stake it down in bad weather. Once I get out and give a good outing, I’ll post on here.
    Your asking in the wrong place. This is the tinfoil hat capital of the internet

I changed my mind and ordered an X-Mid 1 Solid. I did a bunch more reading and realized paying all the extra money for the DCF was probably not the best way to go for me. The Solid version is still around half the weight of my Hilleberg Akto and I’m looking forward to trying it out.

Quote Originally Posted by mod7rem View Post
    I changed my mind and ordered an X-Mid 1 Solid. I did a bunch more reading and realized paying all the extra money for the DCF was probably not the best way to go for me. The Solid version is still around half the weight of my Hilleberg Akto and I’m looking forward to trying it out.
    Congrats - please let us know what you think after a few uses.

Well did anyone give their Durston a try this hunting season? I am still on the fence and haven't pulled the trigger on a new tent yet. I am still trying to figure out if I want a two person or a one person tent for myself.

Sure did, full review over at Spike Camp. Check it out.
    www.spikecamp.com
    WSS BC Monarch Member
    WSF Member
    BCWF Member
    RMGA Member
    CCFR Member

I only had mine out for 3 nights. It’s a 2p solid. It’s super well made, light and has a ton of room inside and in the vestibules. There are so many good reviews out for this tent. The 2p is so small when packed. A bit bigger than a Nalgene bottle. Super easy to setup and really well made. It took me over a year to get one, but I’m super happy with it. Bring some extra pegs to supplement the ones it comes with. Either get the groundsheet or make one yourself, but I’d recommend this for any tent. When u setup the 2p without the interior tent, the space is big. It would be amazing as a spike camp.
    Your asking in the wrong place. This is the tinfoil hat capital of the internet

I had a look at their website and came across a bad review. The author suggested they didn’t understand the limitations of dyneema and didn’t expect their tent to fall apart after 60 uses. I’ve never had a dyneema tent. Is this the norm? I would expect a high end tent to last longer than that.
    If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.