Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: new puppy being grown

Re: new puppy being grown

Lucy, a chocolate Lab was good from when we got her at 6 months. Sammy we got from the pound,a year old ? ,was a great pet from day one. He was a reject retriever.

hmmm sometimes I do also wonder if a heinz 57 isnt bettr?

these purebreds are designer dogs..they are designed for everything for shows and judging..hair hips stance temperment...however by overly emphasising these traits over and over the bad comes along with the "good"...so ie in Labs..hips knees issues are now known charachteristics and issues..$$$$
    on this girl we will have pet insurance...
    Buddy had a mixed dog..Sammy was awesome...

steven

Each dog has their own personality . We had no idea what our puppy was going to turn into. She came from a line of companion dogs, not hunting. English Lab. After looking into SPCA, we thought if we wanted a Lab, we would have to buy one. I would have been happy with a 30# mongrel .

hmmmm 7 puppies are 7 days old now..no news or new photos..hmmmm realize I am impatient..lol

Steven

We got ours at 6 weeks.You have some more waiting. We brought her home on my lap, a place she still likes. Mind you it's only the front quarter, now, that fits.

hmm she was born May 24...pick up..July 11.....so 47-48 days old when picked up...only its Susans lap..

cheers
    Steven
    still need crate /kennel

Quote Originally Posted by srupp View Post
    hmmmm 7 puppies are 7 days old now..no news or new photos..hmmmm realize I am impatient..lol

Steven
    You obviously have no idea in the time needed to care for a litter of 7 pups and the dam …… the first week and usually thru the second week, the breeder is ensuring all pups are feeding, weighing pups daily, ensure the mum is healthy, cleaning up after the litter, doing multiple loads of laundry …..
    NMH GMH GMHR-V HRCH-UH Dakota Creek's Royal Navigator MH (AKC & CKC)
    GHRCH-UH MHR-I Dakota Creek's Royal Gem MH
    MHR HRCH-UH WR Dakota Creek's Wreaking Havoc MH
    WR SR-UH Dakota Creek's Cute As A Bug JH WC
    SHR Dakota Creek’s Mirror Image JH

Quote Originally Posted by srupp View Post
    hmmm sometimes I do also wonder if a heinz 57 isnt bettr?

these purebreds are designer dogs..they are designed for everything for shows and judging..hair hips stance temperment...however by overly emphasising these traits over and over the bad comes along with the "good"...so ie in Labs..hips knees issues are now known charachteristics and issues..$$$$
    on this girl we will have pet insurance...
    Buddy had a mixed dog..Sammy was awesome...

steven
    \

Well bred and properly health checked parents do all but elimate the issues you mentioned in Labs. Most repuatable breeders also havea minimum of a 24 month health gaurentee. You wont find that in some heinz57
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear Brawler View Post
    Just lob a couple loaded mouse traps at em like you're playing horse shoes. More humane than bouncing darts off them.

May 24th ?, You have called her Victoria or Queenie.

lol....got new photos this AM man are they growing and changing...WOW....dont know how to post here

this breeder provides 30 months of guarantee...

all 3 of our previous labs had to have knee surguries...one had cancer..hmmm

of course you are right it IS a big job looking after mom and babes...they sure look cute.
    regards
    Susan /Steven