Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 Bear derby Official!

Re: 2023 Bear derby Official!

Quote Originally Posted by RyoTHC View Post
    You had me excited that someone bagged a bear already. That being said town bears seem to be on the prowl.
    two weeks and we will have bears out everywhere in my neck of the woods I bet you. May 6/7th weekend should be gold for anyone wanting to hunt the lower elevations or zone 3 or most of zone 8
    A friend of mine took a chunky 5'5" out of R3 a week and a half ago. Butcher was pretty impressed with the shape that it was in.

I feel it in my bones. This weekend we will get our first entry and my guess is it’ll be from region 8.

Got one guys! My first Bear and the story is UNREAL! Wait til you hear this. Will post a story with pics when I get home and cleaned up

Quote Originally Posted by TheObserver View Post
    Got one guys! My first Bear and the story is UNREAL! Wait til you hear this. Will post a story with pics when I get home and cleaned up

looks like you’re first sir.
    awesome bear !

I will post up the official entry thread this afternoon and we will make sure you get yours in it.

let’s hope this motivates everyone else to get out !

also let’s keep at least this thread bumped so everyone that gets a bear enters.

I'm sure the bear derby organizer has the best of intentions to make hunting more entertaining. I love bear hunting personally, I think it's under rated and we definitely have plenty of bears. In todays climate of ridiculous hunting policy changes I think you may regret using something like 'Bear Derby' in a title though. There was a 'Coyote Derby' held down in the US not long ago that was secretly attended by SPCA and other animal rights groups. it didn't go as planned. Recently in Washington state the spring bear hunt has been removed. Vancouver Island is also looking at taking bears and wolves off the menu, it's that close fellow hunters! So I respectfully ask of my fellow hunters to keep this in consideration, we can't afford to let them take away more animals and the right to hunt from us!

Quote Originally Posted by fluffybuffalo71 View Post
    I'm sure the bear derby organizer has the best of intentions to make hunting more entertaining. I love bear hunting personally, I think it's under rated and we definitely have plenty of bears. In todays climate of ridiculous hunting policy changes I think you may regret using something like 'Bear Derby' in a title though. There was a 'Coyote Derby' held down in the US not long ago that was secretly attended by SPCA and other animal rights groups. it didn't go as planned. Recently in Washington state the spring bear hunt has been removed. Vancouver Island is also looking at taking bears and wolves off the menu, it's that close fellow hunters! So I respectfully ask of my fellow hunters to keep this in consideration, we can't afford to let them take away more animals and the right to hunt from us!
    Animal rights organizations and social justice warriors will continue to try taking things away no matter what. Enough pandering to these people, leave it titled as such-it’s a legal hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Wentrot View Post
    Animal rights organizations and social justice warriors will continue to try taking things away no matter what. Enough pandering to these people, leave it titled as such-it’s a legal hunt.
    IMO i think a change would not be a bad idea.

Quote Originally Posted by fluffybuffalo71 View Post
    Like Wentrot said, the anti hunting agenda will be going ahead regardless why not enjoy things while you can. Appeasing these people will never stop until you can't own arms. There is nothing to be ashamed of why act like there is something wrong? and in doing so at the same time you are giving their claims false legitimacy, why would we do what we love in secrecy and walk on egg shells?

SPCA went down to the states, as in our BCSPCA? that sounds kind of weird to me got any links to that? I wasn't even aware they were anti-hunting

Are you from the island do you have any sources for this Bear and Wolf ban? wouldn't mind giving that a look hadn't heard of it myself.
    Last edited by TheObserver; 05-01-2023 at 01:33 PM.

Question Re: 2023 Bear derby Official!

Quote Originally Posted by TheObserver View Post
    ... Are you from the island do you have any sources for this Bear and Wolf ban? wouldn't mind giving that a look hadn't heard of it myself.
    Times Ten.
    Spoke with my outfitting buddy here.
    He has heard literally nothing about this, but is now investigating...

Source Please & Thanks!

Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

I say leave the name as is. And let’s get some more stories.
    the antis will always try and take things away, we need to convince the broader public that what they say is lies.
    posting these stories shows just how many people take part in these hunts and how many families rely on game meat.
    Now I would say to have some respect in the kind of photos and videos people share, but we shouldn’t stigmatize hunting by hiding it from the general public.

taking a new hunter out this weekend for his first bear hunt. Hopefully we’ll have some stories to add when we come back