Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 Bear derby Official!

Re: 2023 Bear derby Official!

They are awake !!!!!!! Go find them if you can !!!!!!!!!!!

Saw a nice brown one in valley view Kamloops on the weekend

Quote Originally Posted by Planer99 View Post
    Saw a nice brown one in valley view Kamloops on the weekend
    No surprise the town dumpster bears are out first lol

Been out a couple times on the north island. Not much action. Cold and wet.

Sightings down low in N Okanagan, likely went back to bed as very little is green yet
    Glad to say I have hunted Northern BC

Simon Fraser had pretty good judgement on what he found in BC

Tonnes and tonnes of ungulates out, lots with twins AND pregnant. I feel like this was a good winter for the deer and moose..

scouted for 2 hours or so on a south facing valley in a mountain and had to have seen 100+ mule does and dawns, and at least a dozen white tail does with fawns. Nice to see !

no bears yet though.. I’m thinking last weekend in April and the ball will really be rolling in my neck of the woods.

Spent a day out this week walking two different coastal spots, the green grass is there but no tracks, no scat, no sign of a bear in spots usually holds many. Going to leave it for 10 days or so now

I was out in 8-15 last week. Apparently bears are in town but did not see any. From the few outings into the hills, did not see any bear sign and hill sides were not very green. Wasn’t a serious scouting for bear, but thought I’d share my (lack of) findings. Hopefully bag my first bear this year. Plan is to head back up in a couple weeks and get a bear and turkey double header…

I always forget even once it gets warm, the green is still a few weeks behind… even if it’s 20C and sunshine, that ground still needs to thaw, warm and grow !

We are gunning for 4 bears to top of the freezers incase our first swing at elk this fall is a miss, which I won’t be surprised if it is..‘going to be a busy few weeks upcoming if that’s the case !

While out this weekend looking for antler sheds I noticed the grass is just starting to green up on the south facing slopes, nothing out yet for dandelion and clover though, and as expected, no bear sign yet... though it does take a little while for them to graze before getting rid of their fecal plug...

Been noticing a good amount of deer lately as well, I too believe the winter wasn't too harsh on them.. currently trying to pattern a local wolf pack though, they won't be good for the ungulates, especially the fawns I'd imagine?