Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: 2023 Bear derby Official!

Re: 2023 Bear derby Official!

Quote Originally Posted by browningboy View Post
    Only one entry thus far? The Observer will be crowned king soon, couple more weekends to go….
    We have until the end of June..

Been out a whole bunch in parts of 3 and 8. It’s blowing my mind at just how little bears and bear sign I’m seeing. Places last spring you’d see 4-5 bears a day now don’t have a single, dusty old turd despite being bear heaven. I’ve only laid me eyes on two all spring and neither were shootable. With one exception, every spring bear my group has shot with one exception has died by now. Season is only half over though, still time to drop a dirty ol’ slob.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Mann View Post
    Been out a whole bunch in parts of 3 and 8. It’s blowing my mind at just how little bears and bear sign I’m seeing. Places last spring you’d see 4-5 bears a day now don’t have a single, dusty old turd despite being bear heaven. I’ve only laid me eyes on two all spring and neither were shootable. With one exception, every spring bear my group has shot with one exception has died by now. Season is only half over though, still time to drop a dirty ol’ slob.

I spent 3 and a half days in region 3. Only saw 2 bears, one was across a canyon on First Nations land, and the other was just a little guy that we spooked off the road. Way less sign/scat than last year as well in the same areas.

Thumbs up Re: 2023 Bear derby Official!

Piperdown is on leave once again.
    He asked me to let y'all know he has been rather busy this spring.
    And successful.

Sent along this Jughead of a bruin to provide some encouragement for the bear chasers in the crew...

Cheers,
    Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

That’s a gooder !!! Way to go !!!

That's a Pumpkin Head of a Black haired Porker!

Good on ya Pipes
    WSSBC
    BCWF
    CCFR
    BHA

Downed a beauty today. Was feeling discouraged after not seeing much in the way of fresh sign. Anywho we have been up in region 3 for the last 3 days and not seeing much of any fresh sign. Decided to go for a rip on the atv this afternoon and just see if i saw anything moving. Came to an opening where my cousin shot a bear 2 days prior stopped the quad and noticed a dark shadow 5yards into the bush. By the time i got off the atv and got the rifle loaded it had moved. But i could hear it clicking its jaw or crunching something. So i decided to creep up the the timber edge, still clicking or crunching away but i can't see it. I get my binos up and i spot movement behind a tree about 50 yards away. It is still clicking away. Eventually it stands on its hind legs i see a clear shot at ita vitals. Boom, it spins and immediately starts groaning. I lose sight but the death moan was clear. I gave it 5 mins and then head up to look for it. Cant find it, im at a loss seeing as i knew it dropped. I had gone past where it expired. Soon after i found it a beauty Boar. Couldnt be happier after little to no sign around. Dont know how to post pictures but ill get it to someone who can.

I've been out for 2 days in my spots. Barely any sign this year. Weird.

No Quarter

"A true conservationist is a man who knows that the world is not given by his fathers, but borrowed from his children." John James Audubon