Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Escalator Tax in Canada

Re: Escalator Tax in Canada

Quote Originally Posted by BigBanger View Post
    I’m have trouble understanding, How does this “impact us all” if I don’t drink? I understand government raising taxes on things I buy impacts me but I don’t buy alcohol, ever.

So, please help me realize how this negativity impacts me and I will be happy to write my MP.

It impacts you in many ways, least of which is the tax on alcohol.
    Most of all in loss of common sense.

This is a dull effort to slow down the destruction of the hospitality industry.
    Every day I read about another restaurant closing down.
    Liberals think that they will slow this down by increasing taxes on liquor to even the cost.
    Also they need to collect money to pay for the debt they incurred while transferring money to the Biotech industry.
    1. Human over population
    2. Government burden and overreach

Quote Originally Posted by Piperdown View Post
    TL, might be time to hit the sauce maybe you will see the light
    Lol maybe.......but I definitely won't be able to afford it now..ammo and buying gas to get into the bush has always been a priority for me..

Quote Originally Posted by BigBanger View Post
    I’m have trouble understanding, How does this “impact us all” if I don’t drink? I understand government raising taxes on things I buy impacts me but I don’t buy alcohol, ever.

So, please help me realize how this negativity impacts me and I will be happy to write my MP.
    Because less disposable income spending by others directly impacts our economy overall...can therefore also negatively impact jobs etc...

Quote Originally Posted by SSG-man View Post
    Even if you would never touch a drop of alcohol, the escalator tax is a dangerous policy because it automatically hikes taxes every year. There’s no vote in Parliament. It’s taxation without representation.

And this policy could spread to all kinds of other taxes
    This as well.....

Thumbs up Re: Escalator Tax in Canada

https://www.taxpayer.com/newsroom/mp...cohol-tax-hike

Last night, MPs voted for the motion calling on the “government to cancel its April 1, 2023 tax increase on beer, wine and spirits.”

The motion passed 170 to 149. The motion was sponsored by Official Opposition Leader Pierre Poilievre and received unanimous support from Conservatives and New Democrats. All but one Bloc Québécois MP supported the motion.

https://www.taxpayer.com/newsroom/mp...cohol-tax-hike
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Good to see Peter Pepper is getting the backing of NDP. The tax hike equated $0.0078 per bee, so $0.05 per 6 pack. Not exactly a grave concern beyond the principle of it.
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

The fact that tax hikes however small are being defeated is somewhat encouraging. However, it will likely show up on page 67 of the daily news. If it actually makes it to the top ten pages it will have to be edited by their spin doctor so as not to stain the teeth of their gift horse. The opposition keep chipping away at them and even small victories are appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Redthies View Post
    Good to see Peter Pepper is getting the backing of NDP. The tax hike equated $0.0078 per bee, so $0.05 per 6 pack. Not exactly a grave concern beyond the principle of it.
    Not much in one little bite, but what percentage of a 6 pack cost is already made up of taxation? Perhaps if they didn't hide the taxes and people could see it on their receipts there would be a little more concern?