Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Escalator Tax in Canada

Escalator Tax in Canada

Hi everyone,

I rarely drink alcohol yet realize that this is yet another govt decision that negatively impact us all, and I hope you all realize that, so plz write your local MP and put pressure on them to scrap this:

https://www.nerdwallet.com/ca/person...ed%20in%202017.

Cheers, sorry to derail from more hunting but this is what happens when our governments are so corrupt...

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Escalator Tax in Canada

Our MP is a Conservative, so pretty sure he will be voting against it.

Quote Originally Posted by HarryToolips View Post
    Hi everyone,

I rarely drink alcohol yet realize that this is yet another govt decision that negatively impact us all, and I hope you all realize that, so plz write your local MP and put pressure on them to scrap this:

Cheers, sorry to derail from more hunting but this is what happens when our governments are so corrupt...
    TL, might be time to hit the sauce maybe you will see the light
    Avatar is for all the conspiracy theory nut bars, for all the crow they have to eat when everything implodes

I've never heard of someone who isn't vaccinated getting polio

Trump will win big time in 2020

Why is it that rednecks from Alberta can't get enough of men in dresses, they simply lose their shit

Buy liquor in the USA.
    1. Human over population
    2. Government burden and overreach

Until the Liberals get voted out, they will not rescind this tax. Just another blatant tax grab to fatten up government coffers and to think up new ways to make Canadians poorer. Disgusting.......

Needed to help fund their pay raises.

Quote Originally Posted by HarryToolips View Post
    Hi everyone,

I’m have trouble understanding, How does this “impact us all” if I don’t drink? I understand government raising taxes on things I buy impacts me but I don’t buy alcohol, ever.

So, please help me realize how this negativity impacts me and I will be happy to write my MP.
    R.I.P BiG Boar

Quote Originally Posted by BigBanger View Post
    I’m have trouble understanding, How does this “impact us all” if I don’t drink? I understand government raising taxes on things I buy impacts me but I don’t buy alcohol, ever.

So, please help me realize how this negativity impacts me and I will be happy to write my MP.
    Even if you would never touch a drop of alcohol, the escalator tax is a dangerous policy because it automatically hikes taxes every year. There’s no vote in Parliament. It’s taxation without representation.

And this policy could spread to all kinds of other taxes

Quote Originally Posted by SSG-man View Post
    Even if you would never touch a drop of alcohol, the escalator tax is a dangerous policy because it automatically hikes taxes every year. There’s no vote in Parliament. It’s taxation without representation.

And this policy could spread to all kinds of other taxes
    Ah ok, I understand. Hopefully it will spread to tobacco and marijuana eh? ����
    R.I.P BiG Boar

Quote Originally Posted by BigBanger View Post
    Ah ok, I understand. Hopefully it will spread to tobacco and marijuana eh? ����
    Who buys Mary Jane from the government lmafo
    Shhhhitttt I got this hold my beer