Thread: Ally's First Burbot

Ally's First Burbot

It was a little chilly out this morning as we headed out at 5am. We grabbed some drive through and got on the road. We got to the lake around 6 and walked out to drop lines. I just put down a spoon baited with a good size chunk of trout roe for Ally as she's not ready for the "Jigging for Hours" type of fishing. I settled into my spot and began jigging, hoping something would hit. After an hour or so we still had no success, Ally wanted to switch to a new hole but I convinced her to hold out longer.

A few minutes after that she called out that she had a bite. I walked over to her line to see the tip of her rod gently bouncing from a fish nibbling. I grabbed the rod, set the hook and handed it back to her. She reeled furiously for a few minutes to bring in the 90 feet of line that was sitting on the bottom. She got the fish to the surface and I helped her pull it out of the hole. A nice little Burbot, just shy of 2 pounds.

Another hour went by and she had another little nibble, but it seems that fish was a little more cautious and wouldn't fully commit. Well one fish is better than nothing. Despite the cold she had a pretty good time.

Member of the CCFR, but not a "Violent Extremist"

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Ally's First Burbot

Awesome. They're delicious
    Check my Youtube Channel for fishing and hunting videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjN...AEGjPIUba3pn9g