Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: 17 Wild Horses Killed

Re: 17 Wild Horses Killed

Such an informative article, was it worth posting?

Who cares.
    17 invasive species that are non native were killed. Woo pie.
    the damn horses serve no purpose, there’s a bunch of the stupid ass things around Merritt as well, they aren’t wild horses they are just Indians horses they neglected and set free.

as far as I’m concerned they should all be rounded up and sent to slaughter.

now if only someone would start shooting all the cattle that are illegally left on the range all year by irresponsible lazy farmers locally, we’d be talking.

entitled ****s everywhere whether the natives or the ranchers.
    Last edited by RyoTHC; 03-19-2023 at 07:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RackStar View Post
    My most terrifying encounter with wildlife was not bear / cougar / wolf .... it was wild horses. I was surrounded once in merrit with very aggressive behavior. I thought I was going to be attacked / trampled / stomped , there was about 12 of them.

bingo..

I know of one male who tried to stomp a local dog and chased it..
    said horse ate a slug out of a 12g and the rest of his herd ****ed off and are much more timid now.

thankfully lots of wolves around to clean up the trash.

Quote Originally Posted by RackStar View Post
    My most terrifying encounter with wildlife was not bear / cougar / wolf .... it was wild horses. I was surrounded once in merrit with very aggressive behavior. I thought I was going to be attacked / trampled / stomped , there was about 12 of them.
    Dude it was closing time at the merrit hotel they where as big as horses smelled like horses neighed like horses but they were not horses.

Quote Originally Posted by elker View Post
    Well, if we could buy a grizzly tag from a First Nation band, it would still be 100 times better than waiting for nothing from the NDP government
    Sorry my friend, but you are a dreamer. If that ever became an option, it would be very expensive as they will undoubtedly use their proposed "annual allowable harvest" for non-residents willing to pay big bucks. Grizzly hunting is getting more and more scarce....AB closed, BC closed, Yukon not a big player in the grizzly department. NWT and Nunavut only tags available via local hunter/trapper organizations on guided hunts at big bucks. Even Alaska is starting to feel the pressure on grizzlies and the US feds are increasingly trying to limit things on federally owned/controlled lands.
    Everyone is entitled to voicing an opinion, as long as it is a learned one.

The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who are bereft of that gift.

Yukon might not be a big player iyo but check out the price of GBear hunts and the bookings, someone thinks they are worth persuing
    Glad to say I have hunted Northern BC

Simon Fraser had pretty good judgement on what he found in BC

Of course they are booked, BC closed, AB is closed....you are making my point. When I said the Yukon is not a big player, I am talking numbers of grizzly hunters. The numbers allocated by the various hunter/trapper groups in the NWT and Nunavut is quite small as well. I could go into it much more but we are dragging the thread off topic...
    Cheers!
    Everyone is entitled to voicing an opinion, as long as it is a learned one.

The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who are bereft of that gift.

It is interesting I saw the same type of response in AB when I lived there. There are quite a few feral horses there as well. I used to run into them a lot by Sundre. They would push out the local ungulate species and tore up the landscape. Not to mention they had a nasty disposition. I never understood the uproar that occurred when one or two were shot. The province offers bounties on pigs, but fines/jail for horses. Rule is, if you're cute or a Disney character you're protected, if you're fugly the gloves are off.
    Christopher Hitchens: "What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence."
    Jonathan Swift: “It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.”

So is there any word on charges yet?

My guess the media response was to appease the masses.. in addition alot of assumptions in this thread...